Global Anaesthesia Machines Market
Anaesthesia refers to the practice of controlling the pain during the surgery using anaesthetics. Anesthesia also provides control in breathing, blood flow, blood pressure heart rate and heart rhythms. Anaesthesia machines support the administration of the anesthetics into the body. The basic function of the anaesthesia includes preparation of the gas mixture of precisely known, but variable composition. Other functions include providing oxygen, enabling the patient ventilation and minimising the anesthesia-related risk for patient as well as staff. The mixture of gas can be delivered to breathing system. Anaesthesia machines evolved from the simple pneumatic devices to more sophisticated, computerized machines. The development led to the need for safety and user convenience.
Global anesthesia machines market is primarily driven by technological advancements in machine owing to the patient safety and user convenience. In addition, growth in disease prevalence and surgeries that require anesthesia coupled with the adaptation of the anesthesia information management system that has changed the paper-based practices to digitalized machines expected to bolster the anesthesia machines market over the forecast period. Furthermore, continuous development in healthcare industry worldwide and rise in government funding for healthcare infrastructure. However, high cost of anesthesia machines and unfavorable reimbursement policies are expected to hamper the market growth over the forecast period.
Global anaesthesia machines market is segmented based on technology, product type, end user and geography
Based on technology, market is segmented into
Based on product, market is segmented into
- Standalone Anaesthesia Machines
- Portable Anaesthesia Machines
Based on end user, market is segmented into
- Ambulatory Surgical Centres (ASC’s)
Based on geography, market is segmented into
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa (MEA)
Global anaesthesia market is expected to grow at notable rates owing to the increase in prevalence of the diseases and accidents leading to the rise surgical treatment. The growth of surgeries is attributed to growth of global anaesthesia market. According to World Health Organization (WHO), there were about 266.2 to 359.5 Mn surgeries were performed in the year 2012, and it is 38% increase compared to previous 8 years. Companies operating in global anaesthesia market are adopting the acquisition strategies to grow it market presence and strengthen its position. For instance, in March 2011 Royal Philips Electronics has acquired a global provider of anesthesia machines, Dameca, to expand its anaesthesia portfolio. Furthermore, market is witnessing market developments and new product launches with advanced features by the companies.
Geographically, anaesthesia machines market is divided into five key regions, i.e. North America, Europe, Asia- Pacific, Latin America, and The Middle East & Africa. North America anaesthesia machines market is expected to grow at significant rates owing to the developed healthcare infrastructure, technological advancements and adaptation of digital monitoring and management systems. Furthermore, growing prevalence of the diseases that require surgeries and aging population also expected to drive the North America anesthesia machines market. Middle East and Africa anesthesia machines market expected to have notable growth rate owing to the presence of a large patient pool and growing number surgeries for the treatment of various diseases. Asia Pacific anesthesia machines market is expected to have lucrative growth opportunities owing to developing healthcare infrastructure in developing countries such as India and China coupled with the technological advancements in anesthesia machines providing high patient safety and convenience for the users.
Major Key Players:
- GE Healthcare (U.K.)
- Spacelabs Healthcare (U.S.)
- Aeonmed (China)
- Drägerwerk AG (Germany)
- Oricare Inc. (U.S.)
- Heyer Medical AG (Germany)
- Koninklijke Philips N.V. (Netherlands)
- Supera Anaesthesia Innovations (U.S.)
- Getinge AB (Sweden)
- Becton, Dickinson and Company (U.S.)
Notable Market Developments: Global Anesthesia Machines Market
- In April 2012, Spacelabs Healthcare launched High-Performance anaesthesia delivery system, ArkonTM.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2015-2019) and forecast (2020-2026)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market