Global Antimicrobial Additives Market:
The global antimicrobial additives market is expected to be valued at US$ 3,950.6 million in market and growing at a CAGR of 5.9 % over the forecast period by 2026. There are a considerable number of variables which act as the drivers; increasing awareness about health-related issues among consumers, growth of end-use industries, and increasing use of silver-based products as antimicrobial additives boost the global antimicrobial additives market. Restrain are factors which hung the growth which include fluctuating raw material prices, stringent environmental regulations and discoloration, unpleasant odors, and polymer degradation issues. Emerging opportunity in global antimicrobial additives market are in the field of agriculture and cosmetics industry.
Increasing Awareness about Health-related Issues
It is noticed that the global antimicrobial additives market has a significant market growth rate on perspective of increasing awareness about health-related issues. With urbanization and significant economic development, we also faced epidemic outbreaks of life-threatening diseases such as H5N1 Avian influenza and H1N1 Swine flu, Covid-19 in recent times which made people awareness about health-related issues. The global antimicrobial additives market played a key role because of rise in demand for antimicrobial polymer due to high antimicrobial activity with the rise in hospital-acquired infections, as their being used in air vents to prevent the transfer of communicable diseases.
Asia Pacific Dominates the Market Share in the Global Antimicrobial Additives Market
Asia Pacific contributed major revenue followed by North America and Europe. In 2019, Asia Pacific region accounted huge growth rate and is anticipated to grow with forecast year. It has been estimated that out of 3.49 Trillion packages which were sold globally in 2017 more than 50% were sold in Asia Pacific according to flexible packaging association. Drivers include increasing consumer disposable income and rising government spending on large infrastructural projects. North America target global antimicrobial additives market by expanding health care service and reimbursement coverage, is anticipated to drive the medical devices industry. Europe target population who need surgeries, thereby supporting market growth.
Key player’s profiles in the global antimicrobial additives market include:
- BASF SE (Germany)
- The Dow Chemical Company (U.S.)
- Clariant AG (Switzerland)
- Schulman, Inc. (U.S.)
- Polyone Corporation (U.S.)
- Sanitized AG (Switzerland)
- Microban International (U.S.)
- Biocote Limited (U.K.)
- King Plastic Corporation (U.S.)
- Steritouch Ltd. (U.K.).
- Market players have witnessed the strategic collaboration and acquisition to expand product
- portfolio and strengthen their position in the market to enhance the revenue of the company.
- In April 2016, BASF added MasterTop TC 417W launched new product. It is a clear, transparent, water-based polyurethane topcoat. The product has antibacterial activity in accordance with ISO 22196:2011.
- In May 2015, The Dow Chemical Company, launched a product KATHON Antimicrobial. This new product helps to control microbial biofilms, bacteria, fungi and algae
Global Antimicrobial Additives Report Description:
Global antimicrobial additives market report gives comprehensive outlook on umbilical tubes market across the globe with special emphasis on key regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. The report on global antimicrobial additives market gives historical, current, and future market sizes on the basis of product type, application, end user and region. This report studies global antimicrobial additives market dynamics elaborately to identify the current trends & drivers, future opportunities and possible challenges to the key stakeholders operating in the market. In addition, global antimicrobial additives market report includes human demographics; regulatory scenario, and competition analysis with vividly illustrated the competition dashboard to assess the market competition. Moreover, PBI analyzed global market to better equip clients with possible investment opportunities across the regions (regional Investment Hot-Spots) and market unmet needs (Product Opportunities). Key stakeholders of the global antimicrobial additives market report include suppliers, manufacturers, marketers, policy makers, and service providers engaged in global antimicrobial additives market.
Key Findings of the Report:
- Global antimicrobial additives market expanding at significant CAGR over 2020 to 2026 owing due to increasing awareness about health-related issues
- Based on region, North America accounted for larger market revenue share in 2019 and projected gain market revenue share over the forecast period
- Players focusing on innovation of newer products and collaboration strategies to retain market position in global market.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2015-2019) and forecast (2020-2026)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market
By Product Type
- Paints & Coatings
- Pulp & Paper
- Food & Beverage
- Rest of Europe
- Australia & New Zealand
- ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others)
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA