Global Bacteriophage Therapy Market
Global bacteriophage therapy market was valued at US $ XX Mn and expected to grow at XX% Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) over the 2018 to 2024.
Market Outline: Global Bacteriophage Therapy Market
Bacteriophage therapy or phage therapy is used to treat the pathogenic bacterial infections with viruses. These are more specific than bacteria and do not cause any harm to host organism as well as beneficial bacteria such as gut flora. Bacteriophages are most abundant in biosphere and isolated, concentrated, and applied in specific area to eradicate the bacteria. They cause the bacterium to lyse by disrupting the bacterial metabolism. The major advantages with bacteriophages over the antibiotics include very specific, replicate at the site of infection, less side effects and rapidly select the new phages. Bacteriophages can be administered by oral, rectal, intravenous, intrapleural injections, and local applications.
Increase in the incidence of antibiotic resistant bacteria strengthen the use of bacteriophage therapy. Moreover, FDA approval for bacteriophage therapies, stringent regulations for the use of antibiotics, promising pipeline drugs under various stages of clinical trials, rise in funding from the public and private sector for bacteriophage therapy research, and wide range of applications with bacteriophage therapeutics are propel the bacteriophage therapy market over the forecast years.
Moreover, most of the bacteriophage therapy market players and research institutes are focused on the R&D activities to develop newer bacteriophage therapies to treat the chronic infections. For instance,
- AmpliPHI Bioscieces Corporation developing the bacteriophage therapeutics AB-SA01 and AB-PA01. AB-SA01 is developed for the treatment of multi drug resistant aureus infections and completed the two Phase 1 studies. AB-PA01 developed for the treatment of P. aeruginosa infections and completed the pre-clinical studies
- Technophage received FDA clearance for its Investigational New Drug (IND) application to initiate the human clinical trials for bacteriophage TP-102 used in the treatment of chronic ulcers such as diabetic foot disease
- In January 2018, Pherecydes Pharma raised US$ 10.3 Mn Series B funding led by GO CAPITAL, ACE Management, and Auriga Partners to enter the clinical trials novel bacteriophages PHOSA for the treatment of Staphylococcus aureus infection and PNEUMOPHAGE for the treatment of Pseudomonas aeruginosa respiratory tract infections.
- In March 2017, Intralytix, Inc. received GRAS recognition from FDA for ShigaShield, a non-chemical antimicrobial preparation to control waterborne/foodborne bacterial pathogen Shigella including three major disease-causing species S, sonnei, S. flexneri, and S. dysenteriae. Moreover, company collaborated with Ferring Pharmaceuticals in bacteriophage-based inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) drug development project
Key Features of the Bacteriophage Therapy Market Report:
- The Bacteriophage Therapy Market report covers exhaustive regional information, that includes North America (The USA and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, Poland and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia & New Zealand, ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others), South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East and Africa (Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries, Israel, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East and Africa)
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides a plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenari0