Bladder Cancer Diagnostics Market Outline
Bladder cancer is a disease in which malignant cells are formed in the tissues of the bladder. Symptoms of bladder cancer include blood in the urine, pain with urination and low back pain. There are three types of bladder cancer that begin in the cells in the lining of the bladder. They are named as Transitional Cell Carcinoma, Squamous Cell Carcinoma, and Adenocarcinoma..
Bladder Cancer Diagnostics Market Dynamics
Increasing incidence rate of bladder cancer cases, technological advancements and innovations with regard to the diagnosis of bladder cancer, government initiatives, the rise in aging of the population, and advanced health care services are expected to drive the market for bladder cancer diagnostics globally. In addition, the rise in awareness about bladder diseases, their available options for diagnosis in the market, and increasing health care expenditure are driving the global market for bladder cancer diagnostics. However, the rise in a number of patent expirations, asymptomatic nature of the disease, high cost associated tests, lack of awareness of the technologies factors restraining the revenue growth of the global bladder cancer diagnostics market over the forecast period.
According to the National Institute of Health, approximately 45,000 men and 17,000 women per year are diagnosed with bladder cancer only in U.S. Globally the market for bladder cancer is increasing rapidly and is expected to grow rapidly from 2016 to 2022. According to The American Cancer Society’s estimates for bladder cancer in the United States for 2017 are about 79,030 new cases of bladder cancer (about 60,490 in men and 18,540 in women) were diagnosed and about 16,870 deaths from bladder cancer (about 12,240 in men and 4,630 in women) are reporting.
Bladder cancer accounts for about 5% of all new cancers in the US. It is the fourth most common cancer in men, but it is less common in women. In addition, the rise in awareness about bladder cancer and its available treatment options in the market, innovation in drug development, and subsequent technological advancements are expected to drive the market for bladder cancer diagnostics. Increasing number of mergers and acquisitions, the rise in a number of collaborations and partnerships, new product launches and growing awareness about the availability of bladder cancer diagnostics are some of the latest trends that have been observed in the market.
Global Bladder Cancer Diagnostics market was valued at US $ XX Mn and expected to grow at XX% Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) over 2018 to 2024.
Bladder Cancer Diagnostics Market Market Scope
Bladder Cancer Diagnostics market is segmented based on the type of condition, type of test, end user and geographical regions
Based on the type of condition, the market is segmented into the following:
- Transitional cell bladder cancer
- Invasive bladder cancer
- Superficial bladder cancer
- Squamous cell bladder cancer
- Other rare types
Based on the type of test, the market is segmented into the following:
- Urine Cytology
- Bladder Ultrasound
Based on the end user, the market is segmented into the following:
- Diagnostic Centers
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Based on the geographical regions, the market is segmented into the following:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
Regional Analysis: Bladder Cancer Diagnostics Market
Geographically, global Bladder Cancer Diagnostics market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. North America followed by Europe, comprises the largest market for bladder cancer diagnostics market due to the availability of advanced health care solutions, rise in bladder cancer cases, growing concern about bladder problems and developed health care infrastructure in the region. Asia is expected to experience a high growth rate in the bladder cancer diagnostics market in the next few years due to rise in bladder cancer cases, growing need for improved bladder cancer treatments and therapies, increasing awareness about cancer diagnosis, rise in health care expenditure and developing health care infrastructure in the region. Growing demographics and economies in the developing countries, such as India and China, are expected to lead to the rise of the bladder cancer diagnostics market in Asia Pacific region.
Notable Market Developments:
In May 2017. Roche Ltd. received USFDA approval for its VENTENA PD-L1 biomarket test pertaining to bladder cancer diagnosis.
In 2016, Pacific Edge Limited launched officially its third bladder cancer diagnostic test Cxbladder Monitor in U.S.
Competition Assessment: Bladder Cancer Diagnostics Market
- Abbott Laboratories (U.S)
- Pfizer (U.S)
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (U.S)
- Sanofi S.A (France)
- Merck & Co., Inc. (U.S)
- Novartis (Switzerland)
- Becton, Dickinson & Co. (U.S)
- Siemens Healthcare Inc. (Germany)
- Eli Lilly and Co (U.S)
- Hoffman-La Roche Ltd. (Switzerland)
- AstraZeneca plc (UK)
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc., etc. (UK)
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (U.S)
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of the socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market