Global Collagen Market
Global collagen market report gives comprehensive outlook on collagen across the globe with special emphasis on key regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East & Africa. The report on global collagen market gives historical, current, and future market sizes (US$ Mn) on the basis of product type, application, source and region. This report studies global collagen market dynamics elaborately to identify the current trends & drivers, future opportunities and possible challenges to the key stakeholders operating in the market. In addition, global collagen market report includes human demographics; regulatory scenario, and competition analysis with vividly illustrated the competition dashboard to assess the market competition. Moreover, PBI analyzed global collagen market to better equip clients with possible investment opportunities across the regions (regional Investment Hot-Spots) and market unmet needs (Product Opportunities). Key stakeholders of the global collagen market report include suppliers, manufacturers, marketers, policy makers, and service providers engaged in global collagen products.
The global collagen market valued US 5,836.4 Mn in 2019 and is poised to grow with a CAGR of 5.1% over 2020-2026. Some of the key factors influencing the market growth include growing awareness of consumers regarding personal health, increased investments in research activities, rising application of collagen in dietary supplements to combat arthritis, growing consciousness of minimally invasive surgeries and increasing geriatric population are impelling the market growth. However, restrictions regarding the usage of animal skin, high import duty and risk of disease transfer are inhibiting the market growth. Further, increased veganism and high growth in emerging economies provides huge growth opportunity for the market growth.
Gelatin Accounts for Larger Market Revenue Share in Global Collagen Market
Gelatin accounted for larger revenue share in global collagen market with a CAGR of 5.0% and is expected to grow over the forecast years. Gelatin is a affluent source of protein which is a main reason that is helping to the enhanced application of gelatin in dietary and nutritional supplements, leading to a increasing demand for gelatin. Owing to its properties such as fighting wrinkles, boosting the metabolism, strengthening the nails and hair, improving joint health, etc. it is extensively used in cosmetics and personal care products.
Europe Accounts for Larger Market Revenue Share in Global Collagen Market
Europe accounted for larger revenue share in global collagen market with a CAGR of 5.1% and is expected to grow over the forecast years due to the existence of severe regulations recognized by the European Commission and escalating development of the meat processing sector. The regional demand is driven by the consumption of gelatin-based products such as cosmetics, food products, rejuvenation beverages, and pharmaceutical products. In addition, the rising demand for gelatin in the production of casings for meat is expected to drive market growth over the forecast period.
Key player’s profiles in the global collagen market include:
- Nitta Gelatine, Inc.
- Vital Proteins
- Gelita AG
- Lapi Gelatine S.p.a.
- Baotou Dongbao Bio-Tech Co., Ltd.
- Nutra Food Ingredients
- Italgelatine S.P.A
- Nippi Inc.
- Juncà Gelatines, S.L.
- Darling Ingredients
Global collagen market is surging owing to expansion of their production facilities for collagen to meet the demands of the customers in the market. For instance, In January 2020, Casings producer Viscofan has announced that it had an agreement to acquire casing collagen division from Nitta Gelatin. In January 2014, Darling International acquired VION Ingredients, including Rousselot
Key Findings of the Report:
- Global collagen market expanding at significant CAGR over 2020 to 2026 owing to growing awareness of consumers regarding personal health
- Based on region, Europe accounted for larger market revenue share in 2019 and projected gain market revenue share over the forecast period
- Players focusing on innovation of newer products and collaboration strategies to retain market position in global collagen market
By Product Type
- Hydrolyzed Collagen
- Native Collagen
- Food & beverages
- Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare (Nutraceuticals)
- Meat Processing
- Rest of Europe
- Australia & New Zealand
- ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others)
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2015-2019) and forecast (2020-2026)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market