Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Treatment Market
Global Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Treatment Market: By Product Type (Pancreatic enzyme supplements, Mucolytics, Bronchodilators, CFTR Modulators), By Route of Administration (Oral and Inhaled), and Geography – Market Estimation, Dynamics, Regional Share, Trends, Competitor Analysis 2013-2017 and Forecast 2018-2024
Global Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Treatment Market was valued at US $ XX Mn in 2017 and expected to grow at XX% Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) over 2018 to 2024
Market Outline: Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Treatment Market
Cystic fibrosis is a genetic disorder that causes severe damage to secretory glands of body such as lungs, pancreas, liver and intestines. It is more common in lungs. The disease is progressive with several mutations in the genes, which causes cystic fibrosis. In cystic fibrosis, the abnormal secretions from various secretory glands builds mucus which results in improper working of the organ that is affected. The treatment of cystic fibrosis helps loosening mucus which includes physical therapy. There are various therapeutic products available for the treatment of cystic fibrosis, which include enzymes, antibiotics and others.
Market Dynamics: Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Treatment Market
The major factors that are driving cystic fibrosis therapeutics market includes, increasing prevalence of the cystic fibrosis, rising awareness among healthcare fraternity about cystic fibrosis therapy. Advancement in the technology, and better healthcare facilities are also some of the factors influencing the cystic fibrosis therapeutics market. However, the cystic fibrosis therapeutics market growth hindering due to high cost of the treatment, increase in complexity of disease. Moreover, patent expiries from many companies and introduction of generic drugs hold back the growth of global cystic fibrosis market
Market Scope: Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Treatment Market
Cystic Fibrosis (CF) treatment market is segmented based on the product type, Route of Administration.
Based on product type, the market is segmented into the following:
- Pancreatic enzyme supplements
- CFTR Modulators
Based on the route of administration, the market is segmented into the following:
Based on the distribution channel, the market is segmented into the following:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Market Summary: Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Treatment Market
According to CFF’s national patient registry, the median age of the person with cystic fibrosis is currently 33.4 years. Basing on the severity of the disease, cystic fibrosis signs and symptoms vary. The Wide- research on Cystic Fibrosis (CF) resulted in dramatic improvements in the treatment of the disease, which has quadrupled the median life expectancy to 37 years of age in the U.S. In parts of the world where state-of-the-art medical care is not available, life expectancy remains much lower. In Europe, 51.8% were adults with age 18 years or more and 48.2% were less than 18 years old. New therapeutics are currently in development, of which some may provide a functional CFTR protein in patients with some versions of the gene, potentially eliminating many disease complications and allowing people with the disease to live essentially normal lives.
Regional Analysis: Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Treatment Market
Geographically, global Cystic Fibrosis (CF) treatment market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. North America stands for largest revenue share due to huge affected population. However, the underdiagnoses and lack of country-specific CF patient registries, Asia Pacific region would be forecasted for higher growth of the market. The region that falls next to North America is Europe. According to the European Cystic Fibrosis Society (ECFS), more than 35,500 people were suffering from cystic fibrosis in 2014. The Asian region has lesser prevalence rate. Whereas in East Asian countries like China and Japan the disease is rare. The Middle East and Africa holds the least share in the market owing to the lack of healthcare infrastructure, especially countries in the African region.
Competition Assessment: Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Treatment Market
Some of the players in the global Cystic Fibrosis (CF) treatment market include:
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated,
- AbbVie Inc
- Novartis AG.
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Alaxia, Merck & Co. Inc.
- AIT (Advanced Inhalation Therapies)
- ALLERGAN plc
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Alcresta Therapeutics, Inc.
- Chiesi FarmaceuticiSpA
Key Features of the Report:
- The report covers exhaustive regional information, that includes North America (the USA and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, Poland and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia & New Zealand, ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others), South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentian, Venezula, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East and Africa (Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries, Israel, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East and Africa)
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides a plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of the socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market