Cystic Fibrosis Pipeline Drugs Assessment: Clinical Trials Analysis, Player Profiles, Collaborations, Key Targets, Geographic Focus, and Data Publications, 2018
Cystic Fibrosis Pipeline Drugs Assessment
Cystic fibrosis is a inherited disease, enables damage lungs, gastro-intestinal tract and other parts of the body. Cystic fibrosis occur due to defective gene and affects the secreting cells of the body and causes thickening of the body fluids such as muscus, sweat and digestive juices. These body fluids plung up the ducts, tubes and passages, especially in lungs and pancreas.
Cystic Fibriosis signs and syptoms develops along with the severity of the disease. Patients may have excess of salt content in sweat than normal and reoccurs pneumonia. Diagnostictests include sweat tests and genetic tests. There is no cure for the disease. Medications are used to treat the disease and reduce the symptoms. Medications may include, mucus thinning agents, antibiotics, anti inflamatory, inhalation brancodialators and others.
By route of administration, cystic fibrosis pipeline drugs are segmented into
By therapeutic approach, cystic fibrosis pipeline drugs are segmented into
- CFTR Function Restoring
- Mucociliary Clearance
By trial phase, Cystic Fibrosis pipeline drugs are segmented into
- Phase I
- Phase II
- Phase III
- Phase IV
By company, Cystic Fibrosis pipeline drugs are segmented into
- Novartis AG (Switzerland)
- Galapagos NV (Belgium)
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals (U.S.)
- Proteostasis Therapeutics Inc. (U.S.)
- ProQR Therapeutics (Netherlands)
- AstraZeneca plc. (UK)
- Spyryx Biosciences (U.S.)
- Alaxia (France)
- Sound Pharmaceuticals Inc. (U.S.)
- Laurent Pharmaceuticals (Canada)
Majority of the drugs under the development for the treatment of the cystic fibrosis are funded by the non-government and government organizations to improve the treatment options. Majority of the companies focusing on development of drugs that restore the CFTR gene function and rest of the therapeutic approaches include Mucociliary Clearance, Nutritional-GI, anti-infective agents and others
- In October 2016, Celtaxsys announced publication of results demonstrating safety, tolerability and pharmacokinetic & dynamic profile of novel anti-inflammatory medicine, Acebilustat, in phase I trials including CF patients.
Cystic Fibrosis Pipeline Drugs Assessment report studies the various therapeutics under clinical development for cystic fibrosistreatment along with targets for various drug candidate. The report provides plethora of information pertaining to trail phases, companies involved in the Cystic Fibrosis pipeline drugsdevelopment. This report studies the dynamics of the Cystic Fibrosis Pipeline Drugs i.e. drivers, challenges,andopportunities which are significantly impacting the product development. The report provides various information pertaining the clinical trials such as designation, grants, patents, and technology among others. Moreover, the report on Cystic Fibrosis pipeline drugs assessment comprehensively presents the geographic location, trial status information along with key players involved in the therapeutics development.
Key Features of the Report:
- Provides the information related to universities and research institutes working in the therapeutics development
- Report comprehensively covers the all active and discontinued studies
- Studies the entire pipeline with special emphasis on companies actively involved in the therapeutics development
- Presents the prominent targets for drug development in each stage of clinical trial
- Provides the in-depth analysis onthe each drug candidates in the clinical trial phases