Global Diabetic Food Market: By Application (Baked Products, Dairy Products, Confectionary, Ice Creams and Jellies, Snacks, Others), and Geography – Market Estimation, Dynamics, Regional Share, Trends, Competitor Analysis 2013 to 2017 and Forecast 2018 to 2024
Global diabetic food market was valued at US $ XX Mn and expected to grow at XX% Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) over 2018 to 2024.
Market Outline: Diabetic Food Market
Diabetic food contains lesser amount of sugar and carbohydrate. It enables maintain the blood glucose levels. Many types of diabetic food, which includes low-calorie sweeteners and beverages. The diabetic food is intended for diabetic patients as well as people with symptoms of diabetes which help in the prevention.
Market Dynamics: Diabetic Food Market
Increase in the prevalence of diabetes is expected to enhance the revenue of diabetic food market. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), diabetic population increased from 108 million in 1980 to 422 million in 2014, prevalence from 4.7% in 1980 to 8.5% in 2014. Growing health concerns among the patient population is another factor driving the growth of the market. The rising awareness among the people regarding the low calorie diabetic food, increased R&D on diabetic food, surge in focus on promotional or marketing activities are expected to offer lucrative opportunities over the forecast period. The soaring weight issues among the people is driving the growth of the diabetic food market. The increase in the adoption of the alternative sweeteners with natural sweeteners is expected to fuel the growth of diabetic food market. However, the high cost of the products is expected to hamper the growth of the market. The stringent government regulations regarding food and safety are major bottlenecks for the growth of market.
Market Scope: Diabetic Food Market
This market is segmented based on the application.
Based on the application, the market is segmented into the following:
- Baked Products
- Dairy Products
- Ice Creams and Jellies
Regional Analysis: Diabetic Food Market
Geographically, the global diabetic food market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa. North America diabetic food market is the largest market owing to its higher prevalence of diabetes and obesity. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than 100 million U.S adults are living with diabetes and another 84.1 million have prediabetes. As per the CDC report, diabetes was the seventh leading cause of death in the United States in 2015. The U.S. diabetic food market accounted for largest share in North America diabetic food market. The Europe diabetic food market holds the second largest share. The Asia Pacific diabetic food market is expected to grow exponentially in the forthcoming years due to increased health consciousness among the people.
Competition Assessment: Diabetic Food Market
Some of the players in the global diabetic food market include:
- Mars Incorporated (U.S.)
- Fifty 50 Foods Inc. (UK)
- Nestle S.A (Switzerland)
- Pepsico Inc. (U.S)
- Unilever Plc (Netherlands)
- Cadbury Plc. (UK)
- Kellogg Co (U.S.)
Notable Market Developments: Diabetic Food Market
- In June 2017, Zydus Wellness Announces National Launch of Sugar Free Green in India.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report covers exhaustive regional information, that includes North America (the USA and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, Poland and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia & New Zealand, ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others), South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentian, Venezula, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East and Africa (Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries, Israel, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East and Africa)
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides a plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of the socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market