DNA Polymerase Market Outline
DNA polymerases are the enzymes that help in the synthesis of DNA molecules from deoxyribonucleotides. DNA polymerases are essential for the DNA replication and work in pairs to synthesize the two identical DNA strands from single original DNA molecule. During the process of DNA polymerization, DNA polymerase reads the existed DNA stands to create the newer stands that match with existing ones. DNA polymerase adds the nucleotides to 3’-end of DNA strand. During the cell division, DNA polymerases help to duplicate the cell’s DNA and copy of original DNA molecule passed to each daughter cell. Through this process, genetic information is passed from generation to generation.
Market Dynamics: DNA Polymerase Market
Increase in R&D activities in life sciences sector, rise in preference for high-quality tools in epigenetic research, development of novel molecular diagnostics tools for the disease diagnosis, an increase in the usage of high-fidelity DNA polymerase are anticipated to fuel the market over the forecast period. Moreover, wide range of applications of DNA polymerase, increase in funding from public and private sectors for R&D, and increased DNA polymerase usage in biopharmaceutical industry are expected to propel the market. However, high cost of DNA polymerase products, and availability of alternative products are expected to hinder the growth of market over the forecast timeframe.
The market is growing at significant rate over the decade owing to increase in DNA polymerase usage in various industries such as forensic science, biopharmaceuticals, research centers, and diagnostic centers among others. DNA polymerase plays major role in various biotechnological techniques such as polymerase chain reaction (PCR), DNA cloning, DNA sequencing, single nucleotide polymorphism, whole genome amplification, and molecular diagnostics. Moreover, collaborations, launching of newer DNA polymerase enzymes, and patent approval are the key strategies followed by market players. For instance, in April 2013, Sygnis granted US patent for Qualiphi, a DNA polymerase has potential to improve the complete DNA amplification with minimal concentrations. Similarly, in September 2016, ArcticZymes a subsidiary of Biotec Pharmacon ASA launched isothermal DNA polymerase IsoPolTM and also the company received patent protection for its heat-labile Salt Active Nucleases (SAN) in U.S.
Global DNA polymerase market is segmented on the basis of product type and end user
Based on the product type, the market is segmented into the following:
- Prokaryotic DNA Polymerase
- Eukaryotic DNA Polymerase
Based on the end user, the market is segmented into the following:
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
- Academic and Research Institutes
- Diagnostic Centers
Regional Analysis: Global DNA Polymerase Market
Geographically, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. North America market growing due to increase in the R&D activities by biopharmaceutical companies, presence of huge number of academic research institutes, and development of newer drugs and diagnostic techniques are fuelling the market. Europe is growing at a significant rate owing to increase in the R&D activities by research institutes, raise in funding from the government, and availability of skilled researchers in the region. Asia Pacific is poised to grow due to increase in the prevalence of cancer in China, India, and Japan, growing forensic services, and increase in diagnostic centers in Asia Pacific region are bolster the market. Latin America market has lucrative growth opportunities owing to increase in prevalence of various chronic diseases such as Cancer and HIV in the region.
- Novus Biologicals (Bio-Techne) (U.S.)
- Sygnis AG (Germany)
- Biomiga, Inc. (U.S.)
- New England Biolabs (U.S.)
- Hoffmann-la Roche (Switzerland)
- Illumina, Inc. (U.S.)
- Qiagen (Germany)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (U.S.)
- Agilent Technologies (U.S.)
- Merck KGaA (Germany)
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2015 to 2019) and forecast (2020 to 2026)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market