Market outline: Female Fertility Drugs Market
Female fertility drugs are the agents used to improve the reproductive health in the women and act stimulating the follicle development of ovary. Women fertility drugs are extremely effective and first treatment option to overcome the infertility. Fertility drugs act by direct stimulation of ovaries or balancing the hormone levels. Infertility in women is occur due to hypothalamic dysfunction, excessive prolactin, pelvic inflammatory diseases, premature ovarian insufficiency, and polycystic ovary syndrome among others. The major symptom associated with the infertility is absence or irregular menstrual cycle.
Market Dynamics: Female Fertility Drugs Market
Increase in the female population, rise in prevalence of infertility condition due to change in lifestyle, government initiation for the infertility management, rise in disposable income are anticipated to fuel the women fertility drugs market over the forecast period. Moreover, increase in R&D activities for the development of new drugs to overcome the infertility, rise in the prevalence of obesity, and increase in the maternal age are expected to boost the women fertility drugs market. However, stringent regulatory policies for drug approvals, lack of awareness about women fertility drugs in underdeveloped countries, and alternative infertility treatments such as in vitro fertilization are expected to restrain the growth of women fertility drugs market over the forecast period.
Market Scope: Female Fertility Drugs Market
Women fertility drugs market is segmented on the basis of drug type, distribution mode, route of administration, and distribution channel
Based on the drug type, it is segmented into the following:
- Aromatase Inhibitors
- Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators
- Follicle Stimulating Hormones
- Dopamine Agonists
- Metformin Hydrochloride
Based on the distribution mode, it is segmented into the following:
- Prescription Fertility Drugs
- Over-The-Counter Fertility drugs
Based on the route of administration, it is segmented into the following:
Based on the distribution channel, it is segmented into the following:
- Hospital pharmacies
- Retail pharmacies
- Online pharmacies
Market Summary: Female Fertility Drugs Market
Women infertility drugs market is growing at a significant CAGR with several local and international players operating in the infertility treatment market. The prevalence of infertility is increasing due to change in lifestyle such as smoking and alcohol consumption. According to World Health Organization, approximately 60-80 Mn couples are suffering from infertility around the world. Moreover, acquisitions & mergers, collaborations, product approvals and product launchings are the strategies followed by the companies for increasing their market revenue share in female fertility drugs market. For instance, in March 2014, Ferring Pharmaceuticals received FDA approval for the combination of Menopur and Bravelle injection used in the treatment of infertility.
Regional Analysis: Female Fertility Drugs Market
Geographically, female fertility drugs market is segmented into the North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. North America female fertility drugs market driven by increase in the prevalence of female infertility rate due to obesity and lifestyle changes, increase in the R&D activities for the innovation of newer drugs, and rise in awareness about the fertility drugs among the key stakeholders in the region. Europe female fertility drugs market exhibiting significant growth rate owing to accessibility of the products, increase in the infertility rate in female due to hormonal imbalance, and lifestyle changes are the factors boost in the region. Moreover, Asia Pacific female fertility drugs market garnered significant share due to rise in female adult population, rise in female genital mutilation, and adoption of newer drugs in the region are the factors expected to upsurge the revenue of female fertility drugs market in the region.
Market Participants: Female Fertility Drugs Market
Some of the players in market are Sanofi S.A. (France), Merck KGaA (Germany), Novartis AG (Switzerland), Ferring B.V. (Switzerland), Berlex Laboratories Inc. (U.S.), Eli Lilly and Co. (U.S.), Serono, Inc. (U.S.), Novogyne Pharmaceuticals (U.S.), and Pfizer, Inc. (U.S.) to name a few.
Notable Market Developments: Female Fertility Drugs Market
- In May 2017. Merck KGaA received European Commission Grants approval for Pergoveris prefilled injection used in the treatment of follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and Leutinizing hormone (LH) deficiency
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2012-2016) and forecast (2017-2023)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market