Global Flow Cytometry Market Outline:
Flow cytometry is used for analysing the chemical and physical characteristics of particles in a fluid by passing through lasers. Cell components are labelled fluorescently and then excited by laser to emit light at different wavelengths. Flow cytometry have various applications in healthcare such as diagnosis of health especially blood cancers, clinical trials, clinical practice.
Rise in incidence of cancer and infectious diseases are expected to create demand for flow cytometry in diagnosis. Furthermore, inclination towards autologous and allogeneic stem cell therapy by physicians, increase in demand for point of care testing in management of chronic disease are expected to accelerate the growth of the flow cytometry market. Moreover, increasing R&D investments, advancements in technology are expected to enhance the growth of flow cytometry market. However, lack of awareness, high cost associated with tests is major restraints of flow cytometry market. The flow cytometry market is anticipated to intensify owing to the rise in product extensions, innovative technologies and new applications of the products and services. Due to the lack of proper distribution network, it is difficult for new entrants to enter into the market. However, market players are focusing on collaborations, acquisitions, mergers and new product developments in order strengthen their position in the flow cytometry market globally. For example, in 2015, BD Life sciences and Seegene Inc. entered into a collaboration for development of multiplex real time PCR reagents for BD max system.
Global Flow cytometry market is segmented based on technology, product, application and end user
Based on technology, this market is segmented into
- Bead based
- Cell based
Based on product, this market is segmented into
Based on application, This Market is segmented into
- Research and development
- Clinical trials and clinical practice
Based on end user, This Market is segmented into
- Clinical testing labs
- Commercial organizations
- Academic institutes
Geographically flow cytometry market is divided into Latin America, North America, Asia Pacific, The Middle East and Africa and Europe. North America is dominating the global flow cytometry market followed by Europe owing to favourable government reforms for development of advanced technologies in molecular diagnostics, presence of high number of skilled professionals, rapid adoption of innovative technologies. Asia Pacific is expected to show a significant growth rate in flow cytometry market owing to rise in government initiatives and government fund, presence of several unmet needs, growing awareness among people on health.
Key player’s profiles in flow cytometry Industry include
- Beckman Coulter, Inc. (U.S.)
- Becton, Dickinson and Company (U.S.)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (U.S.)
- Merck & Co., Inc. (U.S.)
- Luminex Corporation (U.S.)
- Sysmex Partec GmbH (Germany)
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (U.S.)
- Miltenyi Biotec GmbH (Germany)
- Sony Biotechnology (U.S.)
Notable Market Developments:
- In May 2017, Cytek Biosciences Inc., launched DXP Athena, a compact easy and powerful flow cytometry system.
- In August 2017, Beckman Coulter Life Sciences received U.S. FDA 510K clearance for its Navios EX Flow cytometer.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2015 to 2019) and forecast (2020 to 2026)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market