Global Gastric Cancer Testing Market
By Test (Immunohistochemistry (IHC), Fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH)), By Product (Kits and Reagents), By Gastric Cancer type (Adenocarcinoma, Lymphoma, Gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST), and Carcinoid Tumor), By End User (Hospitals, Diagnostic Centers, and Others), and Geography – Market Estimation, Dynamics, Regional Share, Trends, Competitor Analysis 2013-2017 and Forecast 2018-2024
Global gastric cancer testing market was valued at US $ XX Mn and expected to grow at 5.0% Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) over 2018 to 2024.
Market Outline: Gastric Cancer Testing Market
Cancer begins in the body when the cells in the body grow without any control. Cells present in any part of the body can develop cancer, which tend to spread to the other parts of the body. Gastric cancer is a type of cancer that starts in the stomach. The gastric cancer is also called as the stomach cancer. The progression of this cancer is slow. The advancement in the growth of the tumor leads serious complications. The treatment depends on the stage of the cancer. The early diagnosis helps in improving the survival rates.
Market Dynamics: Gastric Cancer Testing Market
Increase in the prevalence of gastrointestinal tumors, adenocarcinoma, lymphoma etc. and change in the lifestyles are majorly driving the growth of the gastric cancer testing market. Various factors such as increasing alcohol consumption and smoking is anticipated to drive the growth of the gastric cancer testing market. However, the stringent government regulations for the approval would hamper the growth of the market. The high cost involved in the testing would restrain the growth of the gastric cancer testing market.
Market Scope: Gastric Cancer Testing Market
The global market is segmented based on the test, product, gastric cancer type and end user.
Based on the test, the market is segmented into the following:
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC)
- Fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH)
Based on the product, the market is segmented into the following:
Based on the gastric cancer type, the market is segmented into the following:
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST)
- Carcinoid tumor
Based on the end user, the market is segmented into the following:
- Diagnostic centers
Regional Analysis: Gastric Cancer Testing Market
Geographically, global market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. Asia Pacific gastric cancer testing market is the dominant market when compared with that of the other regional markets. According to the World Cancer Research Fund International, Japan has held the largest share of around 24.7% in the global stomach cancer treatment market owing to its higher consumption of the spicy and salty food. Also, the other countries such as China which accounted for about 29.9% and South Korea which accounted for 41.4% has higher rates of incidence in the stomach cancer. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), there are 723,000 cancer related deaths caused by the stomach cancer all across the globe. The North America and the European region are expected to grow at slow pace over the forecast period.
Competition Assessment: Gastric Cancer Testing Market
Some of the players in the global market include:
- Agilent Technologies, Inc. (U.S.)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (U.S.)
- Illumina, Inc. (Denmark)
- Becton, Dickinson and Company (U.S.)
- GE Healthcare (U.K.)
- QIAGEN N.V. (Netherlands)
- Abbott Laboratories, Inc. (U.S.)
- Roche Diagnostics (Switzerland)
- Siemens Healthcare (Germany)
- Philips Healthcare (U.K.)
- R. Bard, Inc. (U.S.)
Notable Market Developments: Gastric Cancer Testing Market
- In June 2016, Oxford Gene Technology (OGT) has launched extensive catalogue of fluorescence in situ hybridisation (FISH) products with 9 new Cytocell Aquarius probes which includes ETV6 Proximal Probe Green, ETV6 Distal Probe Red, MPO Probe Red, TP53 Probe Green, NUP214 Probe Red, DEK Probe Green, TAS2R1 (5p15.31) Probe Green, Chromosome 9 Satellite III Probe Aqua and Chromosome 15 Alpha Satellite Probe Red.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides a plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenari0