Gelatin Market size is valued at approximately USD 3,265.8 million in 2021 and is predicted to exceed a significant CAGR of 5.1 percent between 2022 and 2028. The rise in demand for pharmaceutical applications, as well as the increase in demand for medical and biomedical applications, the surge in demand for clean-label products, the increase in demand for naturally sourced ingredients, and the rise in demand from various industries such as nutraceuticals, personal care, and photography, are all crucial factors driving the market growth. Because of its high protein content, gelatin is in high demand in the nutraceutical and sports nutrition industries. It is also in high demand in the medical and biomedical sectors. Rising need for useful and convenient food and beverage items, expanded application in the pharmaceutical industry, and rising demand for clean label products are all driving gelatin demand. Demand for marine gelatin consumption has risen in recent years as marine gelatin in various applications has grown. Although fish-derived gelatin is a viable alternative to mammalian sourced gelatin, there are certain limitations related to the use of fish gelatin that includes odor, color, functional properties, and consistency in its amino acid composition. The food & beverage application segment generated the most revenue in the global gelatin market. The food segment is expected to grow the fastest due to its wide range of applications and high nutritional value. The growing demand for healthy foods and beverages has boosted the demand for gelatin. Gelatin is a clean label ingredient naturally derived from animal connective tissues. As a result, rising consumer preferences for pure label products are propelling the global gelatin market forward.
Recent Market Developments:
In May 2021, Darling Ingredients Inc. announced that its Rousselot brand expanded its range of purified, pharmaceutical-grade, and modified gelatin with the launch of X-Pure® GelDAT – Gelatin Desaminotyrosine
In December 2020, GELITA AG acquired 65% of the shares in the Turkish gelatine producer SelJel. With this Joint Venture, GELITA AG further strengthens its position as the industry’s global leader. The remaining 35% of the shares remain with the founding family Tezman.