Global Glaucoma Treatment Market
Global glaucoma treatment market report gives comprehensive outlook on glaucoma treatment across the globe with special emphasis on key regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. The report on global glaucoma treatment market gives historical, current, and future market sizes (US$ Mn) on the basis of indication, drug class, sales channel, and region. This report studies global glaucoma treatment market dynamics elaborately to identify the current trends & drivers, future opportunities and possible challenges to the key stakeholders operating in the market. In addition, global glaucoma treatment market report includes human demographics; regulatory scenario, and competition analysis with vividly illustrated the competition dashboard to assess the market competition. Moreover, PBI analyzed global market to better equip clients with possible investment opportunities across the regions (regional Investment Hot-Spots) and market unmet needs (Product Opportunities). Key stakeholders of the global market report include suppliers, manufacturers, marketers, policy makers, and service providers engaged in global glaucoma treatment.
Global Glaucoma Treatment Market:
The global glaucoma treatment market is expected to be valued at US$ 2,736.1 Mn in 2019 and growing at a significant CAGR over the forecast period to reach US$ 3,682.4 Mn by 2026 owing to rising prevalence of Glaucoma. For instance, WHO estimates that 4.5 million people are blind due to Glaucoma. In India, Glaucoma is the leading cause of irreversible blindness with at least 12 million people affected and nearly 1.2 million people blind from the disease. Moreover, around 90+ percent of the cases of the glaucoma are undiagnosed in the community. In 2010, around 1.9% of the people in United States age 40 and older. Additionally, technological advancements in the field of ophthalmology and increasing initiatives regarding the awareness of Glaucoma to make aware of the deadly disease. For instance, in March 2020, theme named “sneak thief of sight” has been hosted at Gandhi Thidal as part of a campaign to raise glaucoma awareness. In India, only 5-10% of the people are aware of the disease. However, stringent approval process coupled with the side effects associated with the products are the major factors hampering the growth of the market.
Increasing prevalence of Glaucoma
Glaucoma is the second leading cause of blindness, globally and is the top cause of irreversible blindness in the world. For instance, According to WHO estimates, more than 60 million patients are suffering from glaucoma worldwide, as per 2019 statistics. According to the Glaucoma Research Foundation, in the United States, more than 120,000 patients are blind from glaucoma. Thus, owing to the increasing cases of glaucoma the market is anticipated to witness high growth over the forecast period.
North America dominates the market share in the global glaucoma treatment market
In 2019, North America contributed highest share of revenue followed by Europe, and Asia Pacific in the global glaucoma treatment market. North America region is anticipated to grow with a significant CAGR over the forecast years owing to increasing prevalence of Glaucoma coupled with the adoption of innovative products is the major factor driving the growth of the market over the forecast years. Well-established healthcare infrastructure and increasing awareness regarding the Glaucoma in the region are the main factors driving the growth of the market. Moreover, presence of large number of prominent players in the region and launch of new products continuously in the market fuels the growth of the market. Europe market has registered significant market share in 2019 and is estimated to grow with a CAGR of 4.9% over the forecast years.
Key player’s profiles in the global glaucoma treatment market include:
- Novartis AG
- Akorn, Incorporated
- Inotek Pharmaceuticals
- Aerie Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Pfizer Inc
- Abbvie Inc. (Allergan Plc)
- Santen Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Bausch Health (Bausch & Lomb Incorporated)
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
Key Findings of the Report:
- Global glaucoma treatment market expanding at significant CAGR over 2020 to 2026 owing to increasing prevalence of glaucoma and rising awareness regarding the Glaucoma.
- Based on region, North America accounted for larger market revenue share in 2019 and projected gain market revenue share over the forecast period
- Players focusing on innovations and launch of new products and collaboration strategies to retain market position in global market
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2015-2019) and forecast (2020-2026)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market
- Open Angle Glaucoma
- Closed Angle Glaucoma
- Congenital Glaucoma
- Secondary Glaucoma
By Drug Class
- Alpha Agonist
- Beta Blockers
- Prostaglandin Analogs
- Carbonic Anhydrase Inhibitors
By Sales Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Sales
- Rest of Europe
- Australia & New Zealand
- ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others)
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East and Africa
- Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA