Global blood screening market is expected to reach US$ 3.3 billion by the year 2026 from US$ 2.1 billion in 2019 growing at a CAGR of 9.3% during the forecast period
Global Blood Screening Market Report Description:
Global blood screening market report provide a comprehensive outlook on blood screening worldwide with specific focus on key region such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and MEA. The report on global blood screening market gives historical, current and future market size (US$ Mn) on the basis of technology, product, end use, and geography. This study analyses the global blood screening market dynamics in a detailed manner to identify current trends and drivers, growth opportunities and potential challenges to the key stakeholders in the operating market. In addition, PBI has analyzed the global market to better equip customers with possible investment opportunities across region and consumer unmet needs.
Global Blood Screening Market:
Global blood screening market is expected to reach US$ 3.3 billion by the year 2026 from US$ 2.1 billion in 2019 growing at a CAGR of 9.3% during the forecast period. Increasing patient awareness of blood donation to a critical patient would help drive blood screening market development. New types of pathogens, increasing investment levels for advanced technology production, growing geriatric population, and favorable government policies on blood screening are likely to accelerate the growth of the blood screening market over the forecast period. The high costs involved in blood sampling are likely to impede the blood screening market’s growth. Lack of lab technicians among hospitals and clinical laboratories may also restrict the market growth.
Rising awareness among the people about blood donations boosts the growth of market:
Initiatives by the various organizations and governments raise awareness about donation and pre-transfusion screening. According to the WHO, about 108 million donations of blood are received all over the globe each year. Approximately 50% of these donations of blood collected from high-income countries are home to less than 20 % of the total population. Growing awareness and high demand for safe blood thus build opportunities in developing countries.
North America dominates the market share in blood screening market:
North America accounted for the largest share of the market in 2019 and Europe followed. Factors such as the growing demand for donated blood, the rising number of blood donors, the increasing prevalence of infectious diseases and the increasing prevalence of new pathogens, the availability of high-quality hospital and clinical laboratory facilities and the presence of major players in the sector in the region are boosting the growth of market in North America.
Key players profile in global blood screening market include-
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Danaher Corporation
- Abbott Laboratories
- Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc.
- Siemens AG
- Beckman Coulter Inc.
- In February 2019, FDA approved Grifols’s product called procleix Babesia Assay for screening donors in the Procleix panther system.
- In January 2018, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc. got approval from FDA for implementing IH-centrifuge L and IH-incubator L instruments in manual blood typing method.
Key findings of report:
- Global blood screening market expanding at significant CAGR over 2020 to 2026 owing to growing demand for patient awareness for blood donation to critical patients.
- North America accounted for larger share of market revenue in 2019 based on the region and projected a gain in market revenue over a forecast period.
- Players focusing on innovation of technologies and collaboration strategies to retain market position in global market.
Key features of the report:
- The report provides granular level information about market size, regional market share, historic market (2015-2019) and forecast (2020-2026).
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market.
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market.
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies.
- Reagent & kits
- Nucleic Acid Amplification Test
- Rapid test
- Western Blotting
- Blood bank
- Rest of Europe
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of APAC
- Rest of Latin America
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA