Global Body Contouring Devices Market
Body contouring is a procedure, which alters the body shape. It includes various steps to eliminate excessive skin and fat. It enables reduce fat in different places such as arms, breast, tummy, thighs, face, and others.
Market Dynamics: Global Body Contouring Devices Market
Rise in prevalence and incidence of obesity around the world is major factor that is foster the growth of the global body contouring devices market. As per WHO, in 2016 global obesity has more than doubled since 1980. Furthermore, rising awareness about body contouring, increase in beauty consciousness, unhealthy lifestyles, inclination towards body fitness, growing technological advancements, growing adoption of aesthetic surgeries are the few other factors which are expected to propel the growth of global body contouring devices. As per, International Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery in 2013 around 1.6 million liposuction procedures were performed in the world. on the other side, lack of awareness in developing and under developed countries, high cost associated with the treatment are the few factors hamper the growth of global body contouring market.
Market Scope: Global Body Contouring Devices Market
The Global Body Contouring Devices Market is classified on the basis of type, application, end user, and geographical regions.
Based on type, Global Body Contouring Devices Market is segmented as
- Suction Massage Device
- Suction Massage and Thermal Devices
- Radio Frequency Energy Devices
- High Frequency Focussed Ultrasound Energy Devices
- Cryolipolysis Energy Device
- Low level Light Laser Therapy Devices
Based on the Application, Global Body Contouring Devices Market is segmented as
- Face Lift
- Body Lift
- Breast Lift
- Tummy Tuck
- Arm Lift
- Thigh Lift
Based on the End user, Global Body Contouring Devices Market is segmented as
- Dermatology Clinics
- Medical Spas
- Beauty Centres
Market Summary: Global Body Contouring Devices Market
Body contouring is one of the swiftly growing area in medical aesthetics sector, as many advanced and innovative equipment are launching every year, such as mesotherapy, ultrasound cavitation, infra red technology, radio frequency therapy, laser lipolysis, intense pulse light (IPL) and dynamic pulse control (DPL). Obesity is the major cause which is propelling the growth of the market, as per WHO, in 2014, about 1.9 Bn adults were reported to be overweight out of them 600Mn are obese. Companies in body contouring market are majorly concentrating on the new product developments, and adopting growth strategies like acquisitions, mergers, partnerships. For example, in 2016, Zeltiq Launched 3 in 1 CoolAdvantage Applicator for its CoolSculpting System.
Regional Analysis: Global Body Contouring Devices Market
Global Body Contouring Devices Market is segmented as Latin America, North America, Asia Pacific, The Middle East and Africa and Europe. North America holds largest share in body contouring devices market followed by Europe, owing to the high population booming, high obesity prevalence, high inclination towards aesthetic surgeries and high consumption of junk food which is a reason for causing obesity. As per, American Society For Aesthetic plastic Surgery statistics, 9.5 Mn non surgical procedures were performed out of that 95,000 non surgical fat reduction procedures and 2,94000 non surgical skin tightening procedures were reported in 2013. Asia Pacific is anticipated to show a significant growth rate owing to increase in disposable income, large pool of population, and growing awareness about body fitness and rising beauty consciousness among people, increase in incidence of obesity and rise in adoption of plastic surgeries and aesthetic procedures.
Market participants: Global Body Contouring Devices Market
Some of the players in Global Body Contouring Devices Market
- Alma Lasers (Israel)
- Cynosure (The U.S)
- Syneron Medical (The U.S)
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals (Canada)
- VCA Laser (China)
- VLCC Health Care (India)
- Wells Johnson Company (The U.S)
- YOLO Medicals (UK)
- ZELTIQ Aesthetics (The U.S)
Notable market developments: Global Body Contouring Devices Market
- In October 2017, Hologic received additional certification of European Medical Device Directive (MDD) for its SculpSure, body contouring laser treatment.
- In September 2017, Silk’ n Lipo launched world’s first at home body contouring device for stubborn body fat.
- In May 2015, YOLO Medical Inc. received U.S FDA clearance for its LIPOFINA body contouring laser system
Key Features of the Report
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, and forecast from 2017 to 2024
- The report covers in detail insights about the competitor’s overview, key findings, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, challenges, and trends that are currently faced by the industry
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and start up’s details that are working in the industry
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario