Global Carbon Fiber Prepreg Market Report Description:
Global carbon fiber prepreg market report gives comprehensive outlook on carbon fiber prepreg across the globe with special emphasis on key regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. The report on global carbon fiber prepreg market gives historical, current, and future market sizes (US$ Mn) on the basis of resin type, manufacturing process, and end-use industry. This report studies global carbon fiber prepreg market dynamics elaborately to identify the current trends & drivers, future opportunities and possible challenges to the key stakeholders operating in the market. In addition, global carbon fiber prepreg market report includes human demographics; regulatory scenario, and competition analysis with vividly illustrated the competition dashboard to assess the market competition. Moreover, PBI analyzed global carbon fiber prepreg market to better equip clients with possible investment opportunities across the regions (regional Investment Hot-Spots) and market unmet needs (Product Opportunities). Key stakeholders of the global carbon fiber prepreg market report include suppliers, manufacturers, marketers, policy makers, and healthcare service providers engaged in global carbon fiber prepreg products.
Global Carbon Fiber Prepreg Market:
The global carbon fiber prepreg market estimated to be valued US$ XX Mn in 2018 and poised to grow at significant CAGR over 2019-2025. The market is growing due to its increasing demand from aerospace & defense, automotive, and wind energy industries. Growing demand for light and durable materials for the manufacture of aerospace components is expected to have a positive impact on the industry growth over the next eight years. The rapidly growing need for lightweight materials for the manufacture of sports equipment for improved performance is expected to be one of the major driving force for prepreg over the forecast period. Nonetheless, high cost associated with the product as compared to its alternatives such as aluminum is anticipated to hinder the product demand.
Growing Demand from Aerospace and Defense Industry
Aerospace and defense industry is expected to hold a significant share in the market in terms of revenue. Rising product use in the manufacturing of numerous aerospace parts including cargo and passenger floor panels, air ducts, ceiling panels, lavatories, overhead compartments, cabin linings, bars, seats, fins & winglets, and brackets on account of their lightweight nature is expected to fuel demand over the forecast period.
The demand for carbon fiber prepreg in wind energy is expected to be the the second-leading application segment with an overall share of XX% in 2015. Prepreg is widely used in manufacturing various components of wind turbines, owing to their high strength and fatigue resistance. The wind energy sector requires turbines long, light and durable blades to improve efficiency. Increasing use of the material in wind turbines is expected to drive the segment growth over the next few years.
U.S. Accounts for Larger Market Revenue Share in Global Carbon Fiber Prepreg Market
North America dominated the regional market 2015 with an overall share of over XX%, which can be attributed to the presence of a robust wind energy and aerospace sectors in the region. The wind energy market in North America is expected to grow at a significant rate over the next few years, which in turn is expected to fuel the product demand over the forecast period. The U.S. is the major country attributed to the growth of the carbon fiber prepreg market.
Key player’s profiles in the global carbon fiber prepreg market include:
- SGL Group (Wiesbaden, Germany)
- Gurit Holdings AG (Wattwil, Switzerland)
- Park Electrochemical Corporation (Melville, U.S.)
- Toray Industries (Tokyo, Japan)
- Teijin Limited (Osaka, Japan)
- Royal TenCate N.V. (Almeo, The Netherlands)
- Hexcel Corporation (Connecticut, US)
- Solvay (Brussels, Belgium)
- Mitsubishi Rayon Co. Ltd. (Tokyo, Japan)
- Axiom Materials (California, US)
Industry participants engage in strategic initiatives such as mergers & acquisitions, technological collaborations, and adoption of new and advanced technology in order to expand market share. Furthermore, facility expansion has been a primary focus point for several key players, in recent years. In November 2015, Mitsubishi Rayon Co., Ltd. announced its plan to establish a plant at Vilshofen, Germany, to produce SMC (Sheet Molding Compound) intermediate materials, which could help the company in developing a wider range of quick-cure prepregs.
Key Findings of the Report:
- Global carbon fiber prepreg market expanding at significant CAGR over 2019 to 2025 due to increasing demand from various industries.
- Based on end user type, aerospace and defense industry segment accounted for larger market revenue share in 2018 and projected gain market revenue share over the forecast period
- Players focusing on innovation of newer products and collaboration strategies to retain market position in global carbon fiber prepreg market
By Resin Type
By Manufacturing Process Type
- Hot Melt
- Solvent Dip
By End User Type
- Aerospace & Defense
- Wind Energy
- Sports & Leisure
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Gulf Corporation Council Counties (GCC)
- Rest of MEA
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2014-2018) and forecast (2019-2025)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market