Global Cheese Ingredients Market
Cheese is derived from milk and it is available in various flavours, forms, and textures. It is produced by coagulating the casein, which is a protein present in milk. Cheese is a very rich source of protein, calcium, sodium, phosphorous and saturated fat.
The rapid increase in the fast food industry is expected to increase demand for cheese and cheese ingredients. Furthermore, wide range of benefits of cheese, high consumption of bakery and confectionery products, rising awareness regarding the natural cheese, rapid inclination towards Chinese and continental dishes are few factors expected to fuel the growth of cheese ingredients market. However, unfavorable regulatory frameworks, like ban on milk powder and condensed milk usage in Italy in manufacturing of cheese, ban on sales and production of artisan cheese by U.S. FDA, regulations on the additives, high cost associated with production of cheese expected to hinder the growth of cheese ingredients market.
The Global Market is classified on the basis of type and ingredients
Based on Type, Global Market is segmented as
Based on Ingredients, Global Market is segmented as
Cheese ingredients market is expected to offer lucrative growth across the globe. There are around 400 cheese varieties which can be produced from various sources of milk. Stringent regulatory framework such as ban on various milk and cheese products and unfavorable conditions is expected to hamper the growth of cheese ingredients market. High complex nature of cheese, its production involves different chemicals, biochemical and microbiological process to get an expected aroma, flavour, colour, and texture. Market players are focused on the new product launches with different flavours and collaborations in order to strengthen product portfolio and market presence in cheese ingredients market.
Geographically, Cheese ingredients market is segmented five regions i.e., Latin America, North America, Asia-Pacific, The Middle East & Africa and Europe. Cheese ingredients market is dominated by North America, as it is the largest cheese exporter and producer. Europe holds a significant position in the cheese ingredients market owing to high consumption of cheese products, the presence of various food industries in the region. Asia-Pacific is the fastest growing market for cheese ingredients due to favorable support by governments, adoption of modern lifestyles, increase consumption of milk products, high adoption towards western food styles and Chinese food, high growth of fast food industry are providing enormous opportunities for cheese manufacturers in APAC region.
Notable players in Global market include Koninklijke DSM N.V. (Netherlands) Fonterra Co-operative Group (New Zealand), Chr. Hansen Holding A/S (Denmark), Archer Daniels Midland Company (U.S.), E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company (U.S.), and Arla Foods (Denmark) to name some few.
- In October 2016, Dupont Nutrition and health launched their new CHOOZIT cultures of cheese
- In 2014, Arla Foods has expanded its product portfolio with launch of fat-free cheese range “Quark” in the UK
Key Features of the Report
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, and forecast from 2020-2026
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, key findings, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, challenges, and trends that are currently faced by the industry
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and start-up’s details that are working in the industry
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario