Clinical Nutrition Market: Clinical nutrition is the basic knowledge of treatment and diagnosis of disease which affects the intestinal absorption, metabolism and intake of constituents of diet, and to t promotion of health by preventing diet-related diseases. Clinical nutrition products are a kind of pharmaceutical products which help in keeping the patient healthy. Clinical nutrition products also helps in improving the metabolic system of body by providing optimal amounts of supplements like vitamins, minerals etc. Clinical nutrition products improve digestion, absorption, and metabolism, storage of nutrients, transportation, and discharge of waste from the human body.
Clinical Nutrition Market: Global Market Outline
The global market for clinical nutrition is propelling owing to the growing geriatric population who are highly prone to the major health issues related to the metabolic disorders & loss of appetite. Increase in initiatives taken by the governments, Malnutrition, rise in junk foods intake, poverty, lack in awareness are the factors that are fuelling the growth of clinical nutrition market growth. However, strict government regulations, low reimbursement policies, volatility of the market, patient compliance complexities are the factors hampering the market growth.
Clinical nutrition Market is segmented on the basis of product type, disease conditions, and route of administration, distribution channel, and region.
On the basis of product type, clinical nutrition market is segmented as:
- Vitamins and Minerals
- Amino Acids
- Omega Fatty Acids
On the basis of medical conditions, clinical nutrition market is segmented as:
- Metabolic Disorders
- Neurological Disorders
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Eating Disorders
On the basis of route of administration, clinical nutrition market is segmented as:
On the basis of distribution channel, clinical nutrition market is segmented as:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
The progressive impact of growing population pool of baby boomers is protruded to remain as an intermediate in coming years as expectancy of life is expected to increase due to improvement of standards of health. Rise in the incidence rate of chronic diseases like diabetes, cancer, and HIV/AIDS is driving the global clinical nutrition market growth. In paediatric category, increasing demand for the clinical nutrition is emerged as budding opportunity for market of the clinical nutrition. Growing home care use of nutritional products is anticipated to increase demand for the clinical nutrition market.
Based on geographical region, the global clinical nutrition market is segmented as Asia Pacific, North America, Latin America, Europe, and Middle East & Africa. Asia- Pacific is dominating the global market of clinical nutritional products. Owing to the high birth rate in countries like India and China are expected to drive the demand for the clinical nutrition products, especially for infant nutrition products. As per the World Bank Group, India has highest birth-rate in APAC region in 2012. In Europe, France and UK have highest birth rate in same year. North America and the Europe are anticipated to dominate global clinical nutrition products market during the forecast period owing the rising investments from the manufacturers in R&D for the innovation of novel products with enhancement of nutrition.
Some of the players in clinical nutrition market are Ajinomoto Co. Inc., Perrigo Company Plc Abbott Nutrition Inc., Baxter International Inc., Danon Baby and Medical Nutrition BV, B. Braun Medical Inc., Fresenius Kabi AG, Hospira (Pfizer) Inc., Gentiva Health Services Inc., Hero Nutritional Inc., and Nestle SA.
- In April 2012, Nestle acquired Pfizer Nutrition to increase its position in infant nutrition market globally
- In March 2014, Perrigo Company plc and KanPak LLC entered into partnership for manufacturing adult nutritional drinks
- In April 2016, Perrigo Company plc, launched Glucerna aseptic nutritional shake for diabetic people
- In July 2017, Perrigo Company plc received U.S. FDA approval of AB rated ANDA referencing DermOtic Oil Ear Drops
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share and forecast from 2017-2023
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, key findings and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, challenges, and trends that are currently faced by the industry
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are working in the industry
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario