The global drip irrigation market accounted US$ 1,921.3 Mn in 2018 and projected to grow at significant CAGR over 2019-2025 owing to increasing population and growing demand for large scale production with limited sources and subsidies offered by the government to encourage farmers for drip irrigation systems are the major factors that are driving the growth of the market. Moreover, the benefits such as 95% usage of water by the crop and low wastage of water when compared to sprinklers and furrow systems and technological advancements in drip irrigation systems fuels the growth of the market over the forecast period. However, high initial cost and availability of other irrigation systems are expected to hamper the growth of the market.
Rising Demand for Large Scale Production and Availability of Subsidies for Drip Irrigation Systems
The population of the global is growing drastically year over year and demand for high food production is also increasing coupled with availability of less resources such as water and land. The demand for large scale production has increased and very less land is available to cultivate food, the government of different countries initiated subsidies on drip irrigation system to utilize the benefits of the drip systems for crops that increases the crop yield and decreases the wastage of water.
Asia Pacific Accounts the Highest Market Revenue Share in Global Drip Irrigation Market
Asia Pacific accounted highest revenue share (more than 50%) in global drip irrigation market with significant CAGR owing to increase awareness among the farmers regarding the benefits of the drip irrigation systems and availability of more land that is to be cultivated under drip irrigation offers lucrative opportunities for China and India in Asia Pacific region. Europe holds second place in the global drip irrigation systems market owing to availability of subsidies by the government for farmers on purchase on drip irrigation systems and presence of large number of market players in the region are expected to fuel the growth of the market. Israel is gaining the highest revenue share of the global drip irrigation systems market by enhancing the exports to other countries that accounts almost 30% of the total global revenue of drip irrigation systems market.
Key player’s profiles in the global drip irrigation market include:
- Netafim Limited (Israel)
- EPC Industries Limited (India)
- Chinadrip Irrigation Equipment Co., Ltd. (China)
- Rivulis Irrigation Limited (Israel)
- Antelco Pty Ltd (Australia)
- Jain Irrigation Systems Limited (India)
- Shanghai Huawei Water Saving Irrigation Corp., Ltd. (China).
The global drip irrigation systems market is expected to show significant growth rate over the forecast years due to the strategic acquisitions and collaborations among the market players and launch of innovative products to strengthen their position in the market. For instance, In January 2018, Jain Irrigation announced that, company has acquired two irrigation and distribution companies – Agri-Valley Irrigation Inc. and Irrigation Design and Construction Inc. and in September 2018, Jain Irrigation Systems Ltd has agreed to acquire ET Water Systems Inc., a California, and US-based Company that offers irrigation technology products to expand Jain Irrigation’s water management technology product offerings
Key Findings of the Report:
- Global drip irrigation market expanding at significant CAGR over 2019 to 2025 owing to increasing demand for large scale food production due to increase in population in the region and rising adoption to technological advancements.
- Based on Dripper/Emitters type, Inline drippers/emitters segment of drip irrigation systems accounted for larger market revenue share in 2018 and projected gain market revenue share over the forecast period
- Players focusing on collaboration strategies to expand their business to retain market position in global drip irrigation market
Global Drip Irrigation Market Report Description:
Global drip irrigation systems market report gives comprehensive outlook on drip irrigation systems across the region with special emphasis on key regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa. The report on global drip irrigation market gives historical, current, and future market sizes (US$ Mn) on the basis of crop type, component type, drippers/emitters type, and region. This report studies global drip irrigation market dynamics elaborately to identify the current trends & drivers, future opportunities and possible challenges to the key stakeholders operating in the market.
Global drip irrigation market report includes human demographics; regulatory scenario, and competition analysis with vividly illustrated the competition dashboard to assess the market competition. Moreover, PBI analyzed global drip irrigation market to better equip clients with possible investment opportunities across the regions (regional Investment Hot-Spots) and market unmet needs (Product Opportunities). Key stakeholders of the global drip irrigation market report include suppliers, manufacturers, marketers, policy makers, and service providers engaged in global drip irrigation products
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2014-2018) and forecast (2019-2025)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market
By Crop Type
- Fruits & Nuts
- Field Crops
- Vegetable Crops
- Other Crops
By Component Type
- Pressure Pumps
- Drip Tubes/Drip Lines
- Fertigation Equipment
- Fittings & Accessories
By Drippers/Emitters Type
- Rest of Europe
- Australia & New Zealand
- ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others)
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA