Dysphagia Supplements Market
Global Dysphagia Supplements Market: Dysphagia referred as symptoms of difficulty & pain in swallowing. Furthermore in some of the cases swallowing may be impossible. Difficulty in swallowing may occur in fast eating and food is not chewed properly. But persistent dysphagia is a serious condition which needs treatment. Dysphagia occurs at any age but more common in older adults. Other symptoms may include drooling, regurgitations, frequent heartburn and others. There are two types of dysphagia, esophageal and oropharyngeal and many of the causes such as radiation therapy, scleroderma, neuronal disorders and esophageal tumors and other many causes lead to dysphagia.
Increase in prevalence of the aging population and esophageal cancer cases who are susceptible to dysphagia is expected to drive the Dysphagia Supplements Market over the forecast period. In addition, dysphagia is one of the major side effects seen in chain smokers. World Health Organization estimates that there are nearly 6 million people lose their lives due to tobacco every year. Furthermore, increase in neurological strokes expected to further push the market growth. However, lack of standard tests for dysphagia and lack of awareness are expected to hamper the market growth during the forecast period.
Scope of Global Dysphagia Supplements Market
The Dysphagia Supplements Market is classified on the basis of product type, distribution channel
Based on product type, global Dysphagia Supplements Market is segmented as
- Powder thickeners
- Instant food
- Ready to drink thickened beverages
- Oral nutritional supplements
Based on distribution channel, global dysphagia supplements market is segmented as
- Retail Pharmacies
Dysphagia Supplements market is expected to grow at significant rates owing to the factors such as esophageal cancer and growing aging population. According to World Health Organization (WHO), in 2010, estimated 524 million people are aged over 65 and it is expected to triple its number 1.5 billion in 2050. The marketplace has many strong players and scattered globally. Companies are collaborating the hospitals and nursing homes in dysphagia supplements market. Furthermore, new product development and mergers and acquisitions key strategies adopted by the companies in the regions for expanding their global presence. For instance, in 2016, Alicia Foundation collaborated with Nutricia for suppling Catalonian hospitals with Nutilis thickening product from the company.
Geographically dysphagia supplements market is segmented as Latin America, Europe, Asia- Pacific, North America, and The Middle East & Africa. Europe is expected to grow at significant rates owing to rise in aging population, well-developed infrastructure and increase in tobacco usage. North America market is expected to grow at notable rates owing to factors such as widespread of awareness, aging population, and presence of many players in the region. Asia Pacific expected to grow at fastest rates owing to developing infrastructure, increase in healthcare expenditure and growing awareness.
Some of the players in the dysphagia supplements market are Kent Precision Foods Group, Inc. (Kent Corporation) (U.S.), Abbott Laboratories (U.S.), Nestlé Health Science France. (Nestlé S.A) (Switzerland), Danone S.A. (France), Nutri Co., Ltd.( Mitsui Sugar ) (Japan), Kissei Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Japan), Saraya Co., Ltd. (Japan) Kewpie Corporation (Japan) and Healthy Food Co., Ltd. (Japan) to name a few.
- In April 2017, Nestle Health Science and Chinese Stroke Association entered into a collaboration agreement to help the stroke patients to swallow with less difficulty. With this collaboration, companies seek to explore ways to improve screening, diagnosis, and management of dysphagia among stroke patients
Dysphagia Supplements Market Report Outline:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, and forecast from 2018-2024
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, key findings, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, challenges, and trends that are currently faced by the industry
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments, and startup’s details that are working in the industry
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework, and reimbursement scenario