The Global Epigenetics Market Size Will Reach $1,781.5 Million By 2025 From $893.0 Million In 2018 At A CAGR Of 14.1% During (2018-2025)
Epigenetics Market: Epigenetics is a study of heritable changes in gene expression which involves the change in phenotype without changing genotype, which in turn affects the reading of genes by cells. Epigenetic changes are natural and regular processes but also influenced by various factors like lifestyle, environment, age and state of disease. Epigenetic modifications can manifest a common manner of cells which differentiate terminally to end up as liver cells, skin cells, brain cells etc. Epigenetic change may have more damaging effects which can lead to diseases like cancer. Systems like histone modification, non-coding RNA-associated gene silencing and DNA methylation are considered for initiation of epigenetic change sustainably.
The surge in the prevalence of cancer, improving funds and aids for the R&D activities, rise in the partnerships between pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and research institutes, increase in epigenetics application in non-oncology diseases will propel the epigenetics. Moreover, improved advancements in epigenetics technology, untapped potential of emerging markets like India and China are expected to offer many opportunities for the growth of epigenetics market. However, high instrument cost and the dearth of skilled personnel are expected to hamper the growth of the market.
The Epigenetics Market is classified on the basis of enzymes, kits and assays, instruments, application, end user, and geography.
Based on enzymes, the Market is segmented into the following
- DNA polymerase
- DNA ligases
- RNA ligases
- Reverse Transcriptase
Based on instruments, the Market is segmented into the following
- Next generation sequencers
- Mass spectrometers
Based on application, the market is segmented into the following
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Metabolic diseases
- Inflammatory diseases
- Infectious diseases
Based on kits and assays, the Market is segmented into the following
- Deep sequencing kit
- Bisulfate conversion kit
- Methyltransferase assays
- Chip- seq kits
- Immunoprecipitation kits
- Histone assay
Based on end-user, the Market is segmented into the following
- Pharmaceutical and biotechnological companies
- Contract research companies
- Academic and Research Institutes
Epigenetics has triggered R&D for new drugs for various cancers, chronic and autoimmune disorders. For example, U.S.FDA approved ramucirumab/Cyramza by Eli Lilly for use in combination with folfiri to treat metastatic colorectal cancer and Novartis’s Farydak and Celgene’s Istodax received FDA approval in 2015. Introduction of advanced technologies and potential investments on R&D activities are expected to fuel the growth of epigenetics. Currently, companies are focussing on detection of DNA methylation patterns and histone modification. For example, Epigenomic’s EPI ProColon 1.0, Quest Diagnostic’s ColoVantage, Abbott’s Real Time mS9 are few tests which detect SepT9 DNA methylation biomarker for colorectal carcinoma. Development of high specific antibodies for accurate and rapid detection of modifications of histone core proteins. For example, Abcam developed a multiplex assay kit for the detection of various core histone protein modifications.
Geographically Epigenetics Market is segmented as Latin America, Europe, Asia- Pacific, North America, The Middle East & Africa. North America is expected to account for the largest market share in the regional market of epigenetics due to rise in prevalence of cancer, high funding on R&D, increasing acquisitions and collaborations among large pharma companies, high adaptation and awareness of new technologies and healthcare infrastructure. Asia Pacific is a lucrative market owing to the presence of favourable regulatory framework, high incidence and prevalence of diabetes, cancer and cardiovascular diseases among the population of Asia Pacific countries. Mexico, Brazil, and South Africa are expected to show significant growth due to rising economy, a high prevalence of diseases and presence of high unmet needs.
Some of the players in epigenetics market Illumina, Inc. (U.S.), Abcam plc. (U.K), QIAGEN N.V. (Netherland), New England Biolabs, Inc. (U.S.), Merck & Co. (U.S.), Sigma-Aldrich Corporation (U.S.), Genedata AG(Switzerland), Cayman chemical company (U.S), Active Motif (U.S.), Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., (U.S.), Diagenode, Inc. (Belgium), Zymo Research Corporation (U.S.). and Episona Inc. (U.S).
- In October 2016 Episode an epigenetics data company launched SEED a novel male fertility test to evaluate epigenetic changes on DNA to detect a risk of infertility and poor embryo development.
- In June 2011, Cayman chemical company has adopted Genedata screener of Genedata, the company of advanced software solutions for drug discovery and life science research as a data management platform for cayman’s new epigenetic screening laboratory.
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, and forecast from 2017-2023
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, key findings, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, challenges, and trends that are currently faced by the industry
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments, and startup’s details that are working in the industry
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework, and reimbursement scenario