Global Huntington’s Disease Treatment Market
Huntington’s disease is an inherited disorder caused due to degeneration of the nerve cells in the brain. Huntington’s disease signs and symptoms appear in people with 30 to 40 years of age and sometimes disease causes in below 20 years of age group. Most common symptoms of Huntington’s disease include difficulties in learning, lack of flexibility, muscle problems, abnormalities in speech, and lack of impulse control. Moreover, depression is the most common psychiatric disorder occurs with Huntington’s disease and caused due to damage of brain cells and changes in the brain function. There is no permanent treatment for Huntington’s disease however, medications are available to manage the symptoms of Huntington’s disease.
Increase in the prevalence of Huntington’s disease, a rise in R&D activities for the innovation of newer drugs, availability of symptomatic treatment drugs, and rise in the geriatric population is anticipated to fuel the Huntington’s disease treatment market over the forecast period. Moreover, favourable reimbursement policies, a rise in the awareness regarding mental health among key stakeholders, and various pipeline drugs are driving the Huntington’s disease treatment market growth. However, stringent regulatory guidelines and a dearth of treatment options are expected to hinder the growth of Huntington’s Disease Treatment Market
Huntington’s Disease Treatment Market is segmented on the basis of drug class, route of administration, and distribution channel.
Based on the drug class, Huntington’s Disease Treatment Market is segmented into the following:
Based on the route of administration, Huntington’s Disease Treatment Market is segmented into the following:
Based on the distribution channel, Huntington’s Disease Treatment Market is segmented into the following:
- Hospitals pharmacies
- Retail pharmacies
- Online pharmacies
Huntington’s Disease Treatment Market is growing at a significant CAGR due to increase in the prevalence of Huntington’s disease Moreover, government initiations for the prevention of Huntington’s disease also expected to propel the Huntington’s disease treatment market over the forecast period. In addition, acquisitions & mergers, collaborations, and new product launch are the strategies followed by the companies for increasing their revenue share in Huntington’s disease treatment market. For instance, in February 2015, QR Pharma, Inc. collaborated with Rockefeller University for developing a treatment for the Huntington’s disease.
Some of the players in Huntington’s Disease Treatment market are Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd. (Israel), Valent Pharmaceuticals International Inc. (Canada), Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (U.S.), Intellect Neurosciences, Inc. (U.S.), H. Lundbeck A/S (Denmark), F. Hoffmann La Roche Ltd. (Switzerland), QR Pharma, Inc. (U.S.), and Voyager Therapeutics, Inc. (U.S.) to name a few.
- In April 2017, Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd. received the U.S. FDA approval for Austedo tablets used in the treatment of Huntington’s disease treatment
- In September 2016, Voyager Therapeutics, Inc. collaborated with CHDI Foundation, Inc. (CHDI) foundation to develop a novel gene therapy for the treatment of Huntington’s disease
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, and forecast from 2017-2023
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, key findings, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, challenges, and trends that are currently faced by the industry
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments, and startup’s details that are working in the industry
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework, and reimbursement scenario