Global Hyaluronic Acid Market
Global Hyaluronic Acid Market Report Description:
Global Hyaluronic Acid market report gives comprehensive outlook on Hyaluronic Acid across the globe with special emphasis on key regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East Africa. The report on global Hyaluronic Acid market gives historical, current, and future market sizes (US$ Mn) on the basis of application, product, and regions. This report studies global Hyaluronic Acid market dynamics elaborately to identify the current trends & drivers, future opportunities and possible challenges to the key stakeholders operating in the market. In addition, global Hyaluronic Acid market report includes human demographics; regulatory scenario, and competition analysis with vividly illustrated the competition dashboard to assess the market competition. Moreover, PBI analyzed global Hyaluronic Acid market to better equip clients with possible investment opportunities across the regions (regional Investment Hot-Spots) and market unmet needs (Product Opportunities). Key stakeholders of the global Hyaluronic Acid market report include suppliers, manufacturers, marketers, policy makers, and healthcare service providers engaged in global Hyaluronic Acid products.
Global Hyaluronic Acid Market:
The global hyaluronic Acid market estimated to be valued US$ XX Mn in 2018 and poised to grow at significant CAGR over 2019-2025. Hyaluronic acid is a constituent that is naturally present in the human body. It is predominantly present in fluids in the joints and eyes. The hyaluronic acid which is incorporated in medicine is removed from rooster combs or synthesized from bacteria in the research laboratory. Hyaluronic acid are used for the treatment of various joint disorders, including osteoarthritis. It is generally used during certain eye surgeries like corneal transplantation, cataract removal, repair of a detached retina and other eye injuries, Moreover, hyaluronic acid aids as a lip filler in plastic surgery. These factors accelerates the growth of market. However, the rising cost of raw materials hampers the growth of market.
Growing Prevalence of Osteoarthritis
Hyaluronic acid is predominantly used as a dermal fillers, osteoarthritis, ophthalmic, vesicoureteral reflux treatment, others. Osteoarthritis is the major application of hyaluronic acid. Rising prevalence of obesity amongst the general population has surged the demand for hyaluronic acid for the treatment of osteoarthritis. A large number of population is predisposed to osteoarthritis which further accelerates the demand of hyaluronic acid injections. Cosmetic surgeries are growing with a hefty amount. Consumers invest a minimum amount every year in invasive procedures. In 2013, FDA approved hyaluronan-based facial fillers which acts as an ant-aging agent, besides it also aids in the filling of fine lines. These dermal fillers institute a major chunk in the market with a considerable growth rate.
North America Accounts for Larger Market Revenue Share in Global Hyaluronic Acid Market
North America contributed for a largest share in the market in terms of revenue. Owed to the efficacy and it’s easy to use attributes Genzyme Corporation launched viscosupplement Synvisc-One, which gained tremendous popularity and approval in the U.S. Growing awareness of aging process combined with the importance in dermal fillers furthered the demand for anti-aging measures in this region. Widespread occurrence of major key players such as Genzyme Corporation and Anika Therapeutics in this region also adds to the market growth in this region. Asia Pacific is the expected to be the fastest growing region in the coming years. The growth in this region can be attributed to the rising geriatric population in emerging economies like China and Japan that increases the demand for anti-ageing products and technique. Furthermore, Asian population is inclined towards standards of western beauty and aims for the volumized look. This has caused a growth of dermal filler, which further drives the growth of market in this region.
Key player’s profiles in the global hyaluronic Acid market include:
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Seikagaku Corporation
- Galderma S.A
- Sanofi (Genzyme)
- Anika Therapeutics Inc.
- Salix Pharmaceuticals
- Zimmer Holdings Inc
- Allergan Inc.
- Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Smith & Nephew Plc.,
Key players in global hyaluronic acid market enhance their product portfolio and consumer base by adopting striking market strategy like collaborations, acquisitions, technological innovations, among others. For instance, Dec 31, 2009 (BUSINESS WIRE) — Anika Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: ANIK) today announced that it has acquired Fidia Advanced Biopolymers, s.r.l. (“FAB”), a wholly-owned subsidiary of privately held Italian pharmaceutical company, Fidia Farmaceutici S.p.A.
Key Findings of the Report:
- Global hyaluronic acid market expanding at significant CAGR over 2019 to 2025 due to rising standards of beauty.
- Based on application type, osteoarthritis segment accounted for larger market revenue share in 2018 and projected gain market revenue share over the forecast period.
- Players focusing on innovation of newer products and collaboration strategies to retain market position in global hyaluronic acid market.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2014-2018) and forecast (2019-2025)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market.
By Application Type
- Dermal fillers
- Vesicoureteral reflux
By Product Type
- Single Injection
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Gulf Corporation Council Counties (GCC)
- Rest of MEA