Global Knee Replacement Market
Knee Replacement is one of the most common replacement surgery of joints which are undertaken by the patients with knee damaging diseases like post-traumatic, arthritis osteoarthritis/rheumatoid arthritis. Growing elderly patients and increase in number of surgeries undertaken is anticipated to grow the global knee replacement market. Various steps are included in implanting artificial device and replacing damaged knee. There are various type of implants made up of ceramic material, strong plastic parts or metal alloys,
Several factors like rise in the prevalence of diseases like diabetes, osteoporosis, arthritis, obesity, growing ageing population increasing sports-related injuries, improving advanced technologies like minimally invasive surgeries and superior materials of implants are the factors driving the global knee replacement market. High cost of the surgery, rise in number of OEM’s and increase in awareness about non-surgical treatments like weight losing, exercises, walking aids, shoe inserts and painkiller medicines are the factors restraining the growth of global knee replacement market are
The global knee replacement market is classified on the basis of procedure, bearing, end-user and geography.
Based on procedure, global knee replacement market is segmented as
- Total Knee Replacement
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Revision Knee Replacement
Based on bearing, global knee replacement market is segmented as
- Fixed-bearing Implants
- Mobile-bearing Implants
Based on end-user, global knee replacement market is segmented as
- Orthopaedic Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centres
Knee replacement is the most widely used procedure to treat knee arthritis pain. Advancements in the technologies of knee replacement like minimally invasive surgery, improvement in materials of implant and rise in success rates of the procedures are allowing people to undergo the knee replacement surgery. Technologies likev3D printed knee implants manufactured by the company ConforMIS in USA. For example, X3 Advanced Bearing Technology (in 2011) and Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Technology (in 2017) and Zimmer Biomet has launched Persona Medial Congruent Bearing in March 2016, designed for providing natural motion for the knee by increasing stability of joints are boosting the growth of the market. According to U.S. Department of Health & Human Services about 294,000 children below age of 18 are suffering from various rheumatic conditions in U.S.
Based on the geographical regions, Knee replacement market is segmented as Latin America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America and The Middle East and Africa. North America is dominating in the global knee replacement market owing to the rise in geriatric population and increasing prevalence rate of arthritis and various joint. Asia-Pacific is anticipated to show significant growth due to the untapped opportunities, growing incorporation of implants in the orthopaedic procedures and increasing prevalence rate of arthritis and robust improvement in the healthcare infrastructure.
Some of the players in knee replacement market are Stryker (U.S.), Zimmer Inc., (U.S.), DePuy Synthes (U.S.), Aesculap Implants Systems, LLC (U.S.), Medacta (Switzerland), Exactech, Inc. (U.S.), CONMED (U.S.), MicroPort Orthopedics, Inc (U.S.), Kinamed, Inc.(U.S.), OMNIlife science Inc. (U.S.) and ConforMIS (U.S.)
- In June, 2017, Zimmer Biomet Holdings introduced X-ray-based Patient Specific Instrument, X-PSI Knee System world’s 1st CE Marked surgical planning system
- In June 2014, DePuy Synthes introduced 2 new technologies for ATTUNE Knee System Medialized Anatomic Patella and ATTUNE Rotating Platform
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share and forecast from 2017-2023
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, key findings and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, challenges, and trends that are currently faced by the industry
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are working in the industry
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario