Global Methane Hydrate Market
Global Methane Hydrate Market Report Description:
Global methane hydrate market report gives comprehensive outlook on methane hydrate across the globe with special emphasis on key regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East Africa. The report on global methane hydrate market gives historical, current, and future market sizes (US$ Mn) on the basis of type, application, and regions. This report studies global methane hydrate market dynamics elaborately to identify the current trends & drivers, future opportunities and possible challenges to the key stakeholders operating in the market. In addition, global methane hydrate market report includes human demographics; regulatory scenario, and competition analysis with vividly illustrated the competition dashboard to assess the market competition. Moreover, PBI analyzed global methane hydrate market to better equip clients with possible investment opportunities across the regions (regional Investment Hot-Spots) and market unmet needs (Product Opportunities). Key stakeholders of the global methane hydrate market report include suppliers, manufacturers, marketers, policy makers, and healthcare service providers engaged in global methane hydrate products.
Global Methane Hydrate Market:
The global methane hydrate market estimated to be valued US$ XX Mn in 2018 and poised to grow at significant CAGR over 2019-2025. Methane hydrate is a cage-like lattice of ice inside of which are trapped molecules of methane. Natural gas is the chief constituent of methane hydrate. Methane is an influential greenhouse gas. Warmer temperatures in Arctic leads to steady gas hydrates melting below permafrost. Even though accumulations of methane hydrate are situated in tough environments and present many technical defies. They are far and wide disseminated besides it is the largest source of hydrocarbons on Earth. However, methane hydrates are subtle residues. They can quickly dissociate on rising the temperature or a decrease in pressure, these can lead to collapsing of submarines, landslides, or sinking that can cause damage to the production of equipment and pipelines. These factors restraints the growth of market.
Rising Demand from Commercial Sector
Methane hydrate is predominantly used in commercial, transportation, and heavy industries. Commercial is one of the leading application segment of methane hydrate. The methane hydrates are majorly used as a fuels for diesel power plants and cars. Moreover, it can be also used for heating homes. The gas can be conveyed from end to end form pipelines and directed to diverse countries. It is necessary for the gas to be extracted from ice or sediments and can be used in its natural state.
Asia Pacific Accounts for Larger Market Revenue Share in Global Methane Hydrate Market
Asia-Pacific market leads the global market with a highest revenue share of XX% in the market. The growth in this region can be attributed to rising spending of government, increasing need of methane hydrates for transportation industry, in addition to growing R&D facilities for the launch of products with safe and more effective attributes. Japan drives the growth of regional market by means of importing of nearly all its oil and gas fuels, large assets of gas hydrates, and is well-appointed with innovative technical know-how through extraction. Emerging economies like Malaysia, South Korea, China, India, Malaysia, Taiwan, are additional regional contributors.
Key player’s profiles in the global methane hydrate market include:
- Japan Drilling Co.Ltd
- Japan Petroleum Exploration Co., Ltd
- Chevron Corporation
- Schlumberger Limited
- ConocoPhillips Company
- Japan Oil, Gas and Metals National Corporation
- China Petrochemical Corporation
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd.
- PetroChina Company Limited
- Royal Dutch Shell plc
Key players in global methane hydrate market enhance their product portfolio and consumer base by adopting striking market strategy like collaborations, acquisitions, technological innovations, among others. For instance, 8 January 2007, Beijing – PetroChina Company Limited (“PetroChina” or “the company”, SEHK: 0857; NYSE symbol PTR) announced the completion of the acquisition of PetroKazakhstan (“PTZ”) from PetroChina’s parent company China National Petroleum Corporation (“CNPC”).
Key Findings of the Report:
- Global methane hydrate market expanding at significant CAGR over 2019 to 2025 due to the escalating demand of oils from across the world.
- Based on application type, commercial segment accounted for larger market revenue share in 2018 and projected gain market revenue share over the forecast period
- Players focusing on innovation of newer products and collaboration strategies to retain market position in global methane hydrate market
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2014-2018) and forecast (2019-2025)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market.
- Onshore gas hydrates
- Offshore/ Marine gas hydrates
By Application Type
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Gulf Corporation Council Counties (GCC)
- Rest of MEA