Global Silica Based Matting Agents Market
Global Silica Based Matting Agents Market Report Description:
Global Silica Based Matting Agents market report gives comprehensive outlook on silica based matting agents across the globe with special emphasis on key regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. The report on global silica based matting agents market gives historical, current, and future market sizes (US$ Mn) on the basis of type, technology, application and region. This report studies global silica based matting agents market dynamics elaborately to identify the current trends & drivers, future opportunities and possible challenges to the key stakeholders operating in the market. In addition, global silica based matting agents market report includes human demographics; regulatory scenario, and competition analysis with vividly illustrated the competition dashboard to assess the market competition. Moreover, PBI analyzed global silica based matting agents market to better equip clients with possible investment opportunities across the regions (regional Investment Hot-Spots) and market unmet needs (Product opportunities). Key stakeholders of the global silica based matting agents market report include suppliers, manufacturers, marketers, policy makers, and healthcare service providers engaged in global silica based matting agents products.
Global Silica Based Matting Agents Market:
The global silica based matting agents market estimated to be valued US$ XX Mn in 2018 and poised to grow at significant CAGR over 2019-2025. Some of the key factors influencing the market growth include rise in consumers preference for low gloss and matt surface finishes, environment-friendly features of silica based matting agents along with growing popularity among consumers, growth of end-use industries such as automotive and construction, rapid urbanization and the rising coating industry coupled with growing disposable incomes. However, technological incompatibility with UV-cured coatings are inhibiting the market growth.
Rise in Consumers Preference for Low Gloss and Matt Surface finishes are Fueling the Market Growth
In the modern technology, the matting of pigmented coatings is largely used in order to decrease the gloss. The low-gloss coatings are popular when used for aesthetic and functional purposes. A surface with lower gloss hides surface imperfections in a way that is superior to the hiding provided by a higher gloss one. The application of a low-gloss coating might, therefore, be easier to achieve than that of a glossy one and be more cost effective. This is one of the reasons why matt finishes are produced. Silica-based matting agents are being used in various industries which include industrial coatings, wood coatings, architectural coatings, automotive coatings, and others.
Technological Incompatibility with UV-cured Coatings is Hampering the Market Growth
The matting agents technology is not compatible with UV-cured coatings. There is a significant increase in demand from the past few years for UV-cured coatings. Cost efficiency, cycle times, and emission of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are the major factors considered while selecting the coating for any application. Therefore, rise in preference for UV-cured coatings is likely to restrict the silica-based matting agents market in the coming years.
Asia Pacific Accounts for Larger Market Revenue Share in Global Silica Based Matting Agents Market
Asia Pacific accounted for larger revenue share in global silica based matting agents market with considerable CAGR. The growth in this region is due to presence of a huge paints & coatings industry in the region. Growing preference for matte finish among consumers and increasing disposable income are some other factors responsible for market growth. Also, India is projected to register high growth owing to shifting of manufacturing plants of end user industries, such as marine, furniture and automotive to these countries. In addition, Europe held considerable market share during estimated period.
Key player’s profiles in the global silica based matting agents market include:
- Akzo Nobel
- Deuteron Gmbh
- Evonik Industries
- Huntsman International LLC
- Minchelman Inc.
- PPG Industries
- PQ Corporation
- The Lubrizol corporation
- R. Grace
Global silica based matting agents market is surging owing to frequent acquisitions and launchings by the market players. For Instance, in Feb 2019, Akzo Nobel launched ACEMATT 3400 new matting agent with high transparency and soft-touch properties. This highly efficient silica is intended for use in clear coatings and water- and solvent-based coatings. Typical application fields include wood coatings, plastics, and automotive coatings. In addition, this new type of matting agent can be used in high-solids and low-VOC formulations.
Key Findings of the Report:
- Global silica based matting agents market expanding at significant CAGR over 2019 to 2025 owing to rise in consumers preference for low gloss and matt surface finishes
- Based on type, fumed silica segment accounted for larger market revenue share in 2018 and projected gain market revenue share over the forecast period
- Players focusing on innovation of newer products and collaboration strategies to retain market position in global silica based matting agents market
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2014-2018) and forecast (2019-2025)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market
- Flux-calcined Diatomaceous Earth
- Fumed Silica
- Natural Silica
- Precipitated Silica
- Silica Gel
- Others (Powder and UV-cured)
- Printing Inks
- Architectural Coatings
- Leather Coatings
- Wood Coatings
- Rest of Europe
- Australia & New Zealand
- ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others)
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA