Global Sodium Silicate Market
Global Sodium Silicate Market Report Description:
Global sodium silicate market report gives comprehensive outlook on sodium silicate across the globe with special emphasis on key regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. The report on global sodium silicate market gives historical, current, and future market sizes (US$ Mn) on the basis of form, application and region. This report studies global sodium silicate market dynamics elaborately to identify the current trends & drivers, future opportunities and possible challenges to the key stakeholders operating in the market. In addition, global sodium silicate market report includes human demographics; regulatory scenario, and competition analysis with vividly illustrated the competition dashboard to assess the market competition. Moreover, PBI analyzed global sodium silicate market to better equip clients with possible investment opportunities across the regions (regional Investment Hot-Spots) and market unmet needs (Product opportunities). Key stakeholders of the global sodium silicate market report include suppliers, manufacturers, marketers, policy makers, and healthcare service providers engaged in global sodium silicate products.
Global Sodium Silicate Market:
The global market estimated to be valued US$ XX Mn in 2018 and poised to grow at significant CAGR over 2019-2025. Growing demand for detergents globally, growth in the construction industry, rising health awareness among the consumers coupled with increasing per capita income, growing automotive production, oil drilling and huge investments in R&D to enhance product quality, increasing demand in numerous application industries, including detergent, rubber, food and beverage, and paper and pulp are some of the key factors influencing the market growth. However, factors such as high storage cost of liquid sodium silicate and hazardous effects of sodium silicate are hindering the market growth.
Growing Demand for Detergents are Fueling the Market Growth
Detergents are used in cleaning household surfaces, dishes and washing laundry. Sodium silicate is a building agent used in many commercial detergents. The purpose of the sodium silicate to is prevent mineral deposits on surfaces after washing by removing water hardness. Silicate solutions are easily added to the detergent paste and help control the viscosity for the production of detergent powder of a desired density. The sodium silicate also acts as a binder to give the appropriate degree of “hardness” to the spherical particles of detergent, without affecting their solubility of in water.
In the formulation of detergent, silicates have the ability to help the organic elements with their effects on the cloth surface, help maintain the small dirt or greasy particles in suspension in the wash liquid, and help to remove the spots from surfaces. The alkalinity of sodium silicates enables them to neutralize acidic stains, promote the emulsification of fats and oils and disperse or solubilize proteins. Silicates have a high buffering capacity in relation to other alkaline salts and stabilize the pH to the desired level in the presence of acidic compounds or in dilution.
Hazardous Effects of Sodium Silicate Hampers the Market Growth
Inhaling sodium silicate can cause severe irritation of mucous membranes and upper respiratory tract. Large concentrations of this compound can cause permanent lung damage. Symptoms that can occur include difficulty breathing, a burning sensation in the throat and chest, and headache. Sodium silicate is a strong alkaline irritant that can cause burns to all parts of the digestive system from the lips and mouth to the stomach. This irritation will cause nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. Hence, hazardous effects of sodium silicate hampers the market growth.
Asia Pacific Accounts for Larger Market Revenue Share in Global Sodium Silicate Market
Asia Pacific accounted for larger revenue share in global sodium silicate market with considerable CAGR. The growth in this region is due to improving living standards, increasing purchasing power of the consumers and rising building & construction activities in the developing economies. Also, China is the major contributor for the market growth in this region. In addition, Europe held considerable market share during predicted period owing to increasing investment in water treatment plants. The production capacity for glass grade sodium silicate in the region is over 1,400 kilo per annum.
Key player’s profiles in the global sodium silicate market include:
- Aromachimie Ltd. (UK)
- BASF SE (Germany)
- Ciech S.A. (Poland)
- Evonik Industries (Germany)
- Nippon Chemical Industrial CO.LTD. (Japan)
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation (U.S.)
- Oriental Silicas Corporation (Taiwan)
- PPG IndustriesInc. (U.S.)
- PQ Corporation (U.S.)
- Silmaco NV (Belgium)
- Solvay (Belgium)
- R. Grace & Company (U.S.)
Global sodium silicate market is surging owing to frequent acquisitions and launchings by the market players. For Instance, In May 2015, W.R. Grace & Co. and Chevron Products Company have a joint venture known as Advanced Refining Technologies (ART). The companies announced that they will be investing USD 135 million in their JV in order to increase their production capacity.
Key Findings of the Report:
- Global sodium silicate market expanding at significant CAGR over 2019 to 2025 owing to growing demand for detergents globally
- Based on form, liquid sodium silicate segment accounted for larger market revenue share in 2018 and projected gain market revenue share over the forecast period
- Players focusing on innovation of newer products and collaboration strategies to retain market position in global sodium silicate market
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2014-2018) and forecast (2019-2025)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market
- Liquid Sodium Silicate
- Solid Sodium Silicate
- Food Preservation
- Metal Casting
- Precipitated Silica
- Pulp & Paper
- Water Treatment
- Rest of Europe
- Australia & New Zealand
- ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others)
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA