Global Graphite Electrode Market Report Description:
Global graphite electrode market report gives comprehensive outlook on graphite electrode across the globe with special emphasis on key regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. The report on global graphite electrode market gives historical, current, and future market sizes (US$ Mn) on the basis of electrode grade, application, and geography. This report studies global graphite electrode market dynamics elaborately to identify the current trends & drivers, future opportunities and possible challenges to the key stakeholders operating in the market. In addition, global graphite electrode market report includes human demographics, regulatory scenario, and competition analysis with vividly illustrated the competition dashboard to assess the market competition. Moreover, PBI analyzed global market to better equip clients with possible investment opportunities across the regions and market unmet needs.
Global Graphite Electrode Market:
The global market for graphite electrodes was valued at US$ 6,892.4 million in 2019 and is forecast to cross US$ 11,924.2 million by 2026, with a CAGR of 9.9%. Due to rapid industrialization and urbanization, steel producers around the globe are seeing high growth opportunities. High-quality steel consumption growth in sectors such as building and construction, automotive, and aviation would result in a proportional increase in demand for graphite electrodes. Rising iron and steel production in developing countries, growing steel scrap availability in China, thus raising the use of electric arc furnaces, are expected to drive market demand during the forecast period. Growing prices of needle coke are likely to impede the growth of the market, resulting in supply tightness among other constraints, such as limited growth of UHP graphite electrode in China and consolidation of the graphite electrode industry.
Transition in Chinese steel industry is supporting the growth of graphite electrode market:
In 2016 and 2017, as the government attempted to inscribe a domestic supply oversupply, China’s steel industry scene was formed by policy-driven dismissal of IF potential. The use of scrap steel in the EAF and basic oxygen furnace (BOF) steel mills has reached a total of over 200 million metric tons per year, according to worldsteel.org. In the meantime, the current 130 million metric tons per year zenith of China’s EAF capacity has been abandoned as government regulations limit the generation of integrated mills in key areas and encourage their vigorous replacement with EAF capacity. This has given rise to EAF steel demand, thereby boosting the growth of the market for graphite electrodes.
APAC dominates the share in the market during the forecast period:
Global market share has dominated the Asia-Pacific region. In the global scenario, China holds the largest share in the consumption and production potential of graphite electrodes. The increasing production of motor vehicles, along with the rising residential construction industry, is expected to support domestic demand for non-ferrous alloys and iron and steel, which is a positive factor in the growth of market for graphite electrodes in coming years.
Key players profile in graphite electrode market include-
- EPM Group
- GrafTech International Ltd.
- Graphite India Limited
- HEG Ltd.
- Kaifeng Carbon Co., Ltd, Zhongping Energy & Chemical Group (KFCC)
- Nantong Yangzi Carbon Co., Ltd.
- Nippon Carbon Co Ltd.
- Sangraf International
- SHOWA DENKO K.K.
- Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd.
- In April 2020, Tokai Carbon & Tokai COBEX completed the acquisition of Carbone Sovoie International SAS.
- In July 2020, The Board of Directors of GrafTech International Ltd. approved the repurchase of up to $100 million of the company’s common stock in open market purchases.
- In November 2019, Showa Denko completed the acquisition of all shares in SGL GE Holdings GmbH.
Key Findings of the Report:
- Global graphite electrode market expanding at significant CAGR over 2020 to 2026 due to rapid industrialization and urbanization.
- Based on region, Asia-Pacific accounted for larger market revenue share in 2019 and projected gain market revenue share over the forecast period.
- Players focusing on innovation of novel testing kits and collaboration strategies to retain market position in global market.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2015-2019) and forecast (2020-2026).
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies.
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market.
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market.
- Ultra High Power (UHP)
- High Power (SHP) & Regular Power (RP)
- Electric arc furnace
- Ladle furnace
- Non-steel application
- Rest of Europe
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of APAC
- Rest of Latin America
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA