Global Heart-lung Machines Market
By Type (Double Roller Pump Heart-lung Machine, Single Roller Pump Heart-lung Machine), By Application (Cardiac Surgery, Lung Transplant Operation, Acute Respiratory Failure Treatment, and Others), By Distribution Channel (Hospitals, Clinics, and Others), and Geography – Market Estimation, Dynamics, Regional Share, Trends, Competitor Analysis 2013-2017 and Forecast 2018-2024
Global heart-lung machines market was valued at US$ XX Mn in 2017 and expected to grow at XX% Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) from 2018 to 2024
Market Outline: Heart-lung Machines Market
The heart-lung machine is a medical equipment which provides cardiopulmonary bypass, or mechanical circulatory to the heart and lungs, it does the work both of the heart and of the lungs by pumping and oxygenating the blood. The blood returning to the heart is diverted through the heart-lung machine before returning to the arterial circulation such type of artificial heart-lung machine is used in open-heart surgeries to support the proper functioning of the heart and body during the surgery. The machine consists of venous and arterial cannula (tubes), polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or silicon tubing, reservoir (to hold blood), bubbler or membrane oxygenator, cardiotomy (filtered reservoir), heat exchangers etc. The heart-lung machine is connected to the patient with a series of tubes, which is removed after the completion of the surgery when the heart and lungs resume its functions.
Market Dynamics: Heart-lung Machines Market
Increase in the prevalence of cardiac diseases is one of the major factor affecting the growth of the heart-lung machine. The growth in geriatric population and origin of portable heart-lung machines are expected to drive the market. Portable heart-lung machines weigh less when compared with conventional heart-lung machines and occupy less space in the operating room. Furthermore, improved healthcare facilities and advancements in the technology is adding fuel for the heart-lung machine market. However, the lack of skilled medical professional availability for operating the devices and the high cost is may restrain the global artificial heart-lung machine market.
Market Scope: Heart-lung Machines Market
Global Heart-lung machines market is segmented based on the type, application, and distribution channel.
Based on the type, the market is segmented into the following:
- Double Roller Pump Heart-lung Machine
- Single Roller Pump Heart-lung Machine
Based on the application, the market is segmented into the following:
- Cardiac Surgery
- Lung Transplant Operation
- Acute Respiratory Failure Treatment
Based on the distribution channel, the market is segmented into the following:
Regional Analysis: Heart-lung Machines Market
Geographically, global market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. North America heart-lung machines market dominates the global market for artificial heart-lung machine due to prevalence of heart disease and larger adoption. The Asian market followed by the European market is expected to show the significant growth due to increase in the patient pool. The significant rise in the cardiac diseases among population owing to the change in lifestyle in the emerging countries such as China and India is responsible for the growth of the heart-lung machines market in the regions. Additional to that the recent growth in medical tourism, rising government funding and growing awareness about the technology especially in APAC, is another noteworthy factor that would show an impact significant growth in the heart-lung machines market in these regions.
Competition Assessment: Heart-lung Machines Market
Some of the players in the global heart-lung machines market include:
- Medtronic Inc. (U.S)
- Sorin Group (U.S)
- MAQUET GmbH & Co. KG (Germany)
- Terumo Corporation (Japan)
- C. R. Bard Inc. (U.S)
- Edwards Lifesciences (U.S)
- Tianjin Medical (China)
- SynCardia (U.S)
Notable Market Developments: Heart-lung Machines Market
- In July 2015, Sorin Group announced the launch of its FlexThermTM, the newest addition to Sorin Heartlink System, is fully integrated with Sorin S5 industry-leading heart-lung machine.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report covers exhaustive regional information, that includes North America (The USA and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, Poland and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia & New Zealand, ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others), South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East and Africa (Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries, Israel, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East and Africa)
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides a plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenari0