Huntington’s Disease Pipeline Drugs Assessment
Huntington’s Disease Pipeline Drugs Assessment: Clinical Trails Analysis, Player Profiles, Collaborations, Key Targets, Geographic Focus, and Data Publications, 2018
Huntington’s Disease Pipeline Drugs Assessment Overview:
Huntington’s diseaseis a fatal genetic disorder which causes progressive breakdown of nerve cells in brain. It will deteriorate the physical and mental abilities of a person. HD is known as the quintessential family disease because every child of a parent with HD has a 50/50 chance of carrying the faulty gene.Huntington’s disease usually causes movement, cognitive and psychiatric disorders. General symptoms are involuntary jerkin, muscle stiffness or rigidity, impaired gait and posture, Lack of impulse control, Slowness in processing thoughts or ”finding” words, Insomnia. Huntington’s Diseases is diagnosed by genetic testing, brain scans etc. Treatment of Huntington’s disease includes occupational therapy, Physical therapy, Psychotherapy, medications like anti-psychotic drugs, anti-depressants, Mood-stabilizing drugs
By Trial Phase, Huntington’s disease pipeline drugs are segmented as:
- Preclinical Trials
- Phase 1
- Phase 2
- Phase 3
- Phase 4
By Company, Huntington’s disease pipeline drugs are segmented as:
- Synthetic Biologics
- Da Volterra
- Pfizer Inc.
- Medivation, Inc.
- Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc
- Teva Pharmaceutical
- Wave Life Sciences
- Siena Biotech S.p.A.
By Drugs, Huntington’s diseasepipeline drugs are segmented as:
- Triheptanoin Oil
By Route of Administration, Huntington’s disease pipeline drugs are segmented as:
- In September 2017,Uniqure NV’s AMT-130 was granted orphan drug designation by U.S.FDA for Huntington’s disease AMT-130 consists of an AAV5 vector carrying an artificial micro-RNA which silences the defective huntingtin (HTT) gene. In March 2016, uniQure published preclinical results of AMT-130, indicating that a one-time administration can block the mutant HTT gene that causes Huntington’s disease
- In May 2017, Stealth BioTherapeutics Inc. (Stealth), initiated CHALLENGE-HD, a Phase 1/2 trial evaluating SBT-20 in patients with early stage Huntington’s disease. SBT-20 is an investigational tetrapeptide aimed at improving mitochondrial function by restoring the physical and biochemical properties of dysfunctional mitochondria.
Huntington’s Disease Pipeline Drugs Assessment report studies the various therapeutics under clinical development for Huntington’s disease treatment along with targets for various drug candidate. The report provides plethora of information pertaining to trail phases, companies involved in the Huntington’s disease pipeline drugs development. This report studies the dynamics of the Huntington’s disease Pipeline Drugs i.e. drivers, challenges and opportunities which are significantly impacting the product development. The report provides various information pertaining the clinical trials such as designation, grants, patents, and technology among others. Moreover, the report on Huntington’s disease pipeline drugs assessment comprehensively presents the geographic location, trial status information along with key players involved in the therapeutics development.
Key Features of the Report:
- Provides the information related to universities and research institutes working in the therapeutics development
- Report comprehensively covers the all active and discontinued studies
- Studies the entire pipeline with special emphasis on companies actively involved in the therapeutics development
- Presents the prominent targets for drug development in each stage of clinical trial
- Provides the in-depth analysis on the each drug candidates in the clinical trial phases