Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Disease Pipeline Drugs Assessment: Clinical Trails Analysis, Player Profiles, Collaborations, Key Targets, Geographic Focus, and Data Publications, 2018
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis primarily occurs in older adults and disease confined to lungs only. Symptoms may include weight loss, pneumonia, fatigue, low-gradefevers and others. Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis diagnosis is done through imaging techniques, lung biopsy,laboratory tests and others. Currently, no medications are proven to effectively treat idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Generally, Azathioprine, Prednisone,and N-acetyl cysteine are used alone or combination for the treatment.
By route of administration, Idiopathic Pulmonary pipeline drugs are segmented into
By Trial Phase, Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis pipeline drugs are segmented as:
- Preclinical Trials
- Phase 1
- Phase 2
- Phase 3
By Company, Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis pipeline drugs are segmented as:
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. (U.S.)
- ImmuneWorks, Inc. (U.S.)
- Hoffmann-La Roche AG (Switzerland)
- Celgene Corporation (U.S.)
- Biogen, Inc. (U.S.)
- FibroGen (U.S.)
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (U.S.)
- Promedior, Inc. (U.S)
Many of the research studies and ongoing trials are studying the various drugs and lead molecules to treat the idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. The recognition of new factors contributing to the pathogenesis of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis has led to the development of novel approaches to treat idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
- In August 2017, FibroGen, Inc. announced positive topline results from the company’s Phase 2 randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study and two combination safety sub-studies of pamrevlumab in patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF).
- In October 2017, Prometic Life Sciences Inc. announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted Fast Track designation to PBI-4050, a clinical candidate in development for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF).
Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Disease Pipeline Drugs Assessment report studies the various therapeutics under clinical development for Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis treatment along with targets for various drug candidate. The report provides plethora of information pertaining to trail phases, companies involved in the Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis disease pipeline drugs development. This report studies the dynamics of the Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Disease Pipeline Drugs i.e. drivers, challenges,and opportunities which are significantly impacting the product development. The report provides various information pertaining the clinical trials such as designation, grants, patents, and technology among others. Moreover, the report on Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis disease pipeline drugs assessment comprehensively presents the geographic location, trial status information along with key players involved in the therapeutics development.
Key Features of the Report:
- Provides the information related to universities and research institutes working in the therapeutics development
- Report comprehensively covers the all active and discontinued studies
- Studies the entire pipeline with special emphasis on companies actively involved in the therapeutics development
- Presents the prominent targets for drug development in each stage of clinical trial
- Provides the in-depth analysis of each drug candidates in the clinical trial phases