Market Outline: Immunosuppressants Market
Immunosuppressants or anti-rejections are the medicinal substances, which prevent or inhibit the immune system activity. Immunosuppressants are most commonly used in the organ transplantation, autoimmune disorders such as Crohn’s disease, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, and among others. Moreover, immunosuppressants also used in some non-autoimmune inflammatory diseases such as ankylosing spondylitis. Immunodeficiency is the major adverse effect associated with the immunosuppressants as these drugs act non-selectively and increase the susceptibility to infections. In addition, dyslipidemia, peptic ulcers, hypertension, kidney injury, hyperglycemia, and hepatic injuries are other adverse effects with the immunosuppressants
Market Dynamics: Immunosuppressants Market
Increase in the incidence of organ failure and there by rising demand for organ transplantation, technological advancements in organ transplantation procedures, and increase in the prevalence of autoimmune diseases are the factors anticipated to fuel the immunosuppressants market over the forecast period. Moreover, favourable reimbursement policies for immunosuppressants, development of newer therapeutic drugs, and various pipeline products might fuel the immunosuppressants market over the forecast period. However, stringent regulatory policies for drug approval, alternative therapies such as stem cell therapy for immunosuppression, and lack of awareness about immunosuppressants are the factors expected to hamper the growth of immunosuppressants market over the forecast period.
Market Scope: Immunosuppressants Market
Immunosuppressants market is segmented on the basis of drug class, indication, route of administration, and distribution channel
Based on the drug class, it is segmented into the following:
- Monoclonal Antibodies (mAbs)
- Calcineurin Inhibitors
- mTOR Inhibitors
- Anti-Proliferative Agents
Based on the indication, it is segmented into the following:
- Organ Transplantation
- Autoimmune Disorders
- Non-Autoimmune Inflammatory Diseases
Based on the route of administration, it is segmented into the following:
Based on the distribution channel, it is segmented into the following:
- Hospital pharmacies
- Retail pharmacies
- Online pharmacies
Market Summary: Immunosuppressants Market
Immunosuppressants market is growing at a significant CAGR owing to increase in the prevalence of autoimmune disorders and incidence of organ transplantation. For instance, According to World Health Organization, in 2014, approximately 119,873 organ transplantation cases were observed, which was increased about 1.8% from 2013. Furthermore, various pipeline products in the market also expected to bolster the market over the forecast period. Acquisitions & mergers, collaborations, and product launches are the strategies followed by the companies for increasing their revenue in immunosuppressants market. For instance, in July 2015, Veloxis Pharmaceuticals A/S received FDA approval for Envarsus XR used for the prophylaxis of rejection in the kidney transplant patients. Moreover, in October 2016, Cadila Healthcare partnered with Neovii to launch an immunosuppressants in India market.
Regional Analysis: Immunosuppressants Market
Geographically, immunosuppressants market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa. North America immunosuppressants market accounted for significant share in global immunosuppressants market owing to increase in the prevalence of autoimmune disorders (according to American Autoimmune Related Disease Association in 2016, approximately 50 Mn people suffering from the autoimmune diseases), and product launchings by the market players in the U.S. market. Europe immunosuppressants market expected to exhibit significant growth owing to increase in incidence of organ transplantation (according to European Commission 2013 data, approximately 31,165 organ transplantation cases observed in EU countries), development of novel drugs, and developed healthcare infrastructure in the region. However, Asia Pacific is an emerging region for immunosuppressants market owing to rise in medical tourism due to low cost of the treatment, launching of newer products, and increase in the prevalence of autoimmune diseases are expected to bolster the market.
Market Participants: Immunosuppressants Market
Some of the players in market are GlaxoSmithKline Plc. (U.K.), Novartis AG (Switzerland), Sanofi S.A. (France), Pfizer, Inc. (U.S.), Bristol Myers Squibb (U.S.), F. Hoffmann La Roche Ltd. (Switzerland), Astellas Pharma, Inc. (Japan), Zydus Cadila (India), and Genzyme Corporation (U.S.) to name a few.
Notable Market Developments: Immunosuppressants Market
- In September 2017, Zydus Cadila received FDA final approval for Mycophenolate Mofetil Immunosuppressant injection
- In April 2017, Sanofi received FDA approval for Thymoglobulin immunosuppressant drug used for the prevention of acute kidney transplant rejection.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2012-2016) and forecast (2017-2023)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market