Global Inhalation Anesthesia Market
Global inhalation anesthesia market report provide a comprehensive outlook on inhalation anesthesia market worldwide with specific focus on key region such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and MEA. The report on global inhalation anesthesia market gives historical, current and future market size (US$ Mn) on the basis of product, application, and geography. This study analyses the global inhalation anesthesia market dynamics in a detailed manner to identify current trends and drivers, growth opportunities and potential challenges to the key stakeholders in the operating market. In addition, PBI has analyzed the global market to better equip customers with possible investment opportunities across region and consumer unmet needs.
Global Inhalation Anesthesia market:
The market size of inhalation anesthesia was estimated at US$ 1.43 billion in 2019 and is expected to be 5.94% CAGR between 2020 and 2026. Sevoflurane segment accounted for a share of sales of more than 70% in 2019 and the segment of induction was valued at about US$ 250 million in 2019 and will expect similar trends in growth over the coming years. The rapid increase in the ageing population with cancer, cardiovascular, spinal, orthopedic, respiratory, gastrointestinal and other diseases and disorders are expected to drive the growth of market. According to the WHO, cancer is one of the world’s leading causes of morbidity and mortality, with nearly 18 million cases in 2018 alone, and is predicted to grow by around 70% over the next 20 years. Meanwhile, growing concern about the role of greenhouse gases such as sevoflurane, isoflurane and desflurane in climate change could impede market growth.
Growing number of emergency cases and accidents increase the growth of inhalation anesthesia market:
Owing to the rise in number of surgeries being conducted, the market is projected to expand globally. The rapid increase in ageing population with cancer, respiratory, gastrointestinal, neurological diseases and disorders are expected to drive the growth of the market. The increasing number of orthopedic procedures also contributes to the growth of day care outpatient surgery, which is expected to boost the use of inhalation anesthesia. In addition, a growing number of emergency cases and accidents are also expected to have a positive effect on market growth over the forecast period.
North America has dominant market share in the global inhalation anesthesia market:
The market size of North America’s inhalation anesthesia is estimated to be US$ 501.6 million and expected to increase with more than 4.5% CAGR over the timeline forecast. Increasing prevalence of chronic diseases resulting from unhealthy dietary habits and changes in lifestyle will increase business growth. In 2019, the Asia Pacific market had been estimated about US$ 297 million. Primary factors contributing to rapid growth of market include increased population, public and private healthcare, availability of healthcare insurance and prevalence of chronic disease.
Key player’s profiles in the global assisted reproductive technology market include-
- Halocarbon products corporation
- Hikima Pharmaceuticals PLC
- Lunan Pharmaceutical group Co. Ltd.
- Piramal Enterprises Limited
- Jiangsu Hengrui Medicine Co. Ltd.
- Fresenius Kabi AG
- AbbVie Inc.
- In May 2016, Piramal has collaborated with Julphar for Sevoflurane distribution in Saudi Arabia. This partnership allowed the company to grow its geographic scope and expand its customer base.
- In January 2019, Sandoz, Novartis division, launched Desflurane Liquid for inhalation, the first Suprane generic in the U.S, as an inhalation agent for the induction and maintenance of anesthesia for inpatient and outpatient surgery in adults and as well as surgery in pediatric patients.
- In October 2016, Piramal Enterprises acquired Janssen’s pain relief drugs and injectable anesthesia. This partnership allowed the company to grow its portfolio of business and expand its customer base.
Key findings of report:
- Global inhalation anesthesia market expanding at significant CAGR over 2018 to 2025 owing to rapid increase in ageing population with cancer, respiratory, gastrointestinal, neurological diseases and disorders and technical developments.
- North America accounted for larger share of market revenue in 2018 based on the region and projected a gain in market revenue over a forecast period.
- Players focusing on innovation of technologies and collaboration strategies to retain market position in global market.
Key features of the report:
- The report provides granular level information about market size, regional market share, historic market (2015-2019) and forecast (2020-2026).
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market.
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market.
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies.
- Rest of Europe
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of APAC
- Rest of South America
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA