Global Legionella Testing Market: By Application Type (Water Testing, IVD Testing), By Product (Kits and Reagents), By Distribution Channel (Hospitals, Diagnostic Labs, Others), and Geography – Market Estimation, Dynamics, Regional Share, Trends, Competitor Analysis 2013 to 2017 and Forecast 2018 to 2024
Global legionella testing market was valued at US $ XX Mn and expected to grow at XX% Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) over 2018 to 2024.
Market Outline: Legionella Testing Market
Legionella is a bacteria, causes a serious form of pneumonia, known as Legionnaires disease. This legionella can be tested using the legionella testing kits, which detects the presence of bacteria. The affects the lower respiratory tract. Legionella bacteria also causes Pontiac fever, with flu-like symptoms. The legionnaires disease and the Pontiac fever are generally referred to as legionellosis. The legionella bacteria is naturally found in environment, stagnant water and warm water. The infection occurs when the individual inhales these airborne water droplets which are contaminated with the legionella bacteria.
Market Dynamics: Legionella Testing Market
Increase in the prevalence of bacterial infections is expected to drive the growth of legionella testing market. The growing geriatric population who are more affected with the legionella infection owing to weak immune system is witnessing the growth of market. As per the World Health Organization (WHO) report, about 524 million ageing people are diagnosed with Legionella in 2010, which would be projected to reach 2 billion by the year 2050. The effect of disease can also be found in children which is another factor boosting the growth of the legionella testing market. However, the high cost involved in the treatment procedure is likely to hamper the growth of the market. The stringent government regulations is another factor hindering the growth of the legionella testing market.
Market Scope: Legionella Testing Market
Legionella testing market is segmented based on the application, products and distribution channel.
Based on the application, the market is segmented into the following:
- Water Testing
- DFA Stain
- Microbial Culture
- IVD Testing
- Urine Antigen Test
- DFA Stain
- Blood Culture
Based on the product, the market is segmented into the following:
- Kits and Reagents
Based on the distribution channel, the market is segmented into the following:
- Diagnostic Labs
Regional Analysis: Legionella Testing Market
Geographically, global legionella testing market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. North America legionella testing market is expected to dominant the global Legionella testing market owing to increase in the prevalence of legionella infection. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), about 6,100 cases reported in the U.S.in 2016. Europe Legionella market anticipated to expand at significant CAGR over the forecast period, owing to its higher awareness levels regarding the legionellosis, and government initiatives towards legionella testing on a quarterly basis. The Asia Pacific region is expected to grow at unprecedented rates over the forecasted period.
Competition Assessment: Legionella Testing Market
Some of the players in the global legionella testing market include:
- Merck Millipore (U.S)
- Abbott laboratories (U.S)
- Becton, Dickinson & Co. (U.S)
- Beckman Coulter, Inc. (U.S)
- Idexx Laboratories (U.S)
- Alere, Inc. (U.S)
- Thermo Fischer Scientific, Inc. (U.S)
- IDEXX (U.S)
Notable Market Developments: Legionella Testing Market
- In July 2016, IDEXX has released Legiolert, the easiest culture method for the confirmed detection of Legionella pneumophila in drinking water.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report covers exhaustive regional information, that includes North America (the USA and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, Poland and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia & New Zealand, ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others), South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentian, Venezula, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East and Africa (Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries, Israel, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East and Africa)
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides a plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of the socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market