Myelofibrosis Disease Pipeline Drugs Assessment: Clinical Trails Analysis, Player Profiles, Collaborations, Key Targets, Geographic Focus, and Data Publications, 2018
Myelofibrosis Disease Pipeline Drugs Assessment
Myelofibrosis is a rare bone marrow disorder, affects the production of the blood cells.This results in extensive scarring of bone marrow and maylead to severe fatigue, anemia, weakness, and sometimes enlargement of spleen. Myelofibrosis belong the group of diseases known as myeloproliferative disorders. During initial stages of the disease, symptoms may not appear.But after the progression of disease due to disruption of blood cell production increases the symptoms such as tiredness, shortness of breath, bone pain and others.
Diagnosis includes blood tests for determining the blood cell count, imaging techniques such as X-ray and MRI. Bone marrow biopsy may be done to confirm the diagnosis of myelofibrosis. Genetic testing may be done for the gene mutations responsible for the myelofibrosis. Immediate treatment usually not require if symptoms didn’t appear. Generally treatment is to reduce the symptoms. Treatment that targets gene mutation may be given. Ruxolitinib is only drug that approved to treat myelofibrosis.
By route of administration, myelofibrosis pipeline drugs are segmented into
By class, target myelofibrosis pipeline drugs are segmented into
- JAK Inhibitors
- Telomerase Inhibitors
- P13K Inhibitors
- Hedgehog Inhibitors
- mTOR Inhibitors
By Trial Phase, Myelofibrosis pipeline drugs are segmented as:
- Preclinical Trials
- Phase 1
- Phase 2
- Phase 3
By Company, Myelofibrosis pipeline drugs are segmented as:
- BioPharma Corp. (U.S.)
- Geron Corporation (U.S.)
- Gilead Sciences, Inc. (U.S.)
- Nippon Shinyaku Co. (Japan)
- Promedior, Inc. (U.S.)
- Acceleron Pharma, Inc. (U.S.)
Currently, several pipeline drugs are under the development for the treatment of myelofibrosis. Companies are collaborating with the other research organizations in development and commercialization to advance the treatment options for the disease. For instance, Janssen Pharma and Geron Corporation entered into worldwide exclusive collaboration to develop and commercialize Geron’s telomerase inhibitor to treat myelofibrosis. Furthermore,researchers are developing the drugs to target various proteins that sought to treat myelofibrosis.
- In August 2017 CTI BioPharma Announces First Patient Enrolled in Phase 2 Trial of Pacritinib in Patients with Myelofibrosis who have Thrombocytopenia and who have been Previously Treated with Ruxolitinib.
- In December 2016, Acceleron Pharma Inc. and Celgene Corporation announced preliminary results from an ongoing investigator-initiated Phase 2 study with investigational drug sotatercept in patients with myelofibrosis. Sotatercept is being developed as part of the global collaboration between Acceleron and Celgene.
Myelofibrosis Disease Pipeline Drugs Assessment report studies the various therapeutics under clinical development for Myelofibrosis treatment along with targets for various drug candidate. The report provides plethora of information pertaining to trail phases, companies involved in the Myelofibrosis disease pipeline drugs development. This report studies the dynamics of the Myelofibrosis Disease Pipeline Drugs i.e. drivers, challenges and opportunities which are significantly impacting the product development. The report provides various information pertaining the clinical trials such as designation, grants, patents, and technology among others. Moreover, the report on Myelofibrosis disease pipeline drugs assessment comprehensively presents the geographic location, trial status information along with key players involved in the therapeutics development.
Key Features of the Report:
- Provides the information related to universities and research institutes working in the therapeutics development
- Report comprehensively covers the all active and discontinued studies
- Studies the entire pipeline with special emphasis on companies actively involved in the therapeutics development
- Presents the prominent targets for drug development in each stage of clinical trial
- Provides the in-depth analysis of each drug candidates in the clinical trial phases