Global Neonatal Incubators Market
Market Outline: Neonatal Incubators Market
Neonatal incubators are biomedical devices that provide warmth, humidity and oxygen, all in a controlled environment as required by infants or neonates. Addition to maintenance of the required environment monitoring the body temperature and vital signs are also monitored by advanced incubators. Incubators are generally made up of soft matters, which covered by plastic cover and usually in a trolley form. This equipment also protects infants from dust, pollution, noise and infections. Neonatal incubators are indicated primarily for the preterm infants because of their normal metabolic rate is lower than the results in low heat production.
Market Dynamics: Neonatal Incubators Market
Global neonatal incubators market is driven by increase in rate of preterm births and growing expenditure on infant healthcare. In addition, growing awareness in neonatal care to avoid complications like hyperthermia and advancements in the neonatal incubator technologies that enable the easy to use and with more features are expected to boost the global neonatal incubators market during the forecast period. However, high prices of incubators, availability of alternative devices such as neonatal warmers are expected to hamper the growth of global neonatal incubators market. In addition, lack of sufficient infrastructure and awareness related to neonatal incubation in undeveloped and developing regions is expected to further restrain the market growth over the forecast period.
Market Scope: Neonatal Incubators Market
Global neonatal incubators market is segmented based on type of incubator and end user
Based on type of incubator, neonatal incubators market is segmented into
- Transport Neonatal Incubator
- Neonatal ICU Incubators
Based on end user, neonatal incubators market is segmented into
- Birthing Centers
Market summary: Neonatal Incubators Market
Global neonatal incubators market is expected to grow at significant rates owing to growing rates of preterm births. According to World Health Organization (WHO), every year 15 million babies are born preterm and this count is rising year by year. The market has many local international players competing with price and features. Market players are offering the attractive pricing and new technology features to compel the market growth. Furthermore, companies collaborating the group purchase organizations and healthcare providers to increase their market share. For instance, in March 2013, GE Healthcare got deal with group purchasing organization Health Trust Purchasing Group, L.P. to provide its Giraffe and Panda incubator product lines to Health Trust’sNeonatal ICU’s.
Regional Analysis: Neonatal Incubators Market
Geographically, global neonatal incubators market is segmented into following regions, viz. North America, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa, and Europe. North America expected to be major market for neonatal incubators owing to factors such as growing preterm births and well-developed infrastructure. Europe is expected grow at notable rates owing to growing awareness about the infant care and developing healthcare infrastructure. Asia Pacific neonatal incubators market expected to grow at faster rates owing to more rates of preterm births and rapid development in healthcare infrastructure. According to World Health Organization (WHO), India and China are leading in a number of preterm birth and more than 60% of preterm births occur in Africa and South Asia.
Market Participants: Neonatal Incubators Market
Some of the players in global Neonatal incubators market are Atom Medical Corporation (Japan), GE Healthcare (U.S.), Cobams srl (Italy), Natus Medical Incorporated (U.S.), AVI Healthcare Private Limited (India), Fanem Ltd (India), Gammer International (South Africa), Ningbo David Medical (China), Ardo USA (U.S.) and Novos Medical Systems (Turkey) to name a few.
Notable Market Developments: Neonatal Incubators Market
- In June 2010, GE Healthcare introduced to European market, the giraffe shuttle transporter power source for its giraffe and panda line of incubators and warmers
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013-2016) and forecast (2017-2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market