Global Newborn Screening Market
By Technology (Electrophoresis, Immunoassays & Enzymatic assays, DNA-based Assays, Hearing Screen Technology, Pulse Oximetry Screening Technology, Tandem Mass Spectrometry (TMS)), By Product Type (Newborn Hearing Screening Instruments, Newborn Disorder Screening Instruments, Hearing Screening Accessories, Hearing Screening Devices, Pulse Oximeters, Reagents and Assay Kits), By Test Type (Dry Blood Spot Test, Hearing Screen Test, Critical Congenital Heart Diseases (CCHD) TEST), By Distribution Channel (Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Nursing Homes), and Geography – Market Estimation, Dynamics, Regional Share, Trends, Competitor Analysis 2013-2017 and Forecast 2018-2024
Global newborn screening market was valued at US$ XX Mn in 2017 and expected to grow at XX% Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) from 2018 to 2024
Market Outline: Newborn Screening Market
Newborn screening is the practice where every newborn baby is tested for certain potentially fatal disorders. As newborns are more liable to infections, newborn screening helps in early diagnosis and proper treatment which can make the difference between lifelong impairment and healthy development. Newborn screening consists of a blood test, hearing screening, and screening for critical congenital heart defects. The screening is done within few days of birth. These screening programs are generally run by state or national governing bodies. In this program, various initiatives have been taken by the Japan’s Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology (JSOG), UK (PEACH), and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Secretary’s Advisory Committee on Heritable Disorders in Newborns and Children (SACHDNC). WHO recommended the newborn screening program in order to safeguard the health of children all over the world.
Market Dynamics: Newborn Screening Market
The newborn screening market is driven rising neonatal population and the increase in incidence of neonatal diseases. Growing awareness regarding neonatal diseases owing to government and non-government bodies’ campaigns that in turn drive the market growth positively. Funding from government is also frosting the market growth. However, the unavailability of advanced instruments, delays in hospitalization, and high cost of automation technology may restrain the global newborn screening market growth.
Market Scope: Newborn Screening Market
Newborn screening market is segmented based on the technology, product type, test type, and distribution channel.
Based on the technology, the market is segmented into the following:
- Immunoassays & Enzymatic Assays
- DNA-based Assays
- Hearing Screen Technology
- Pulse oximetry Screening Technology
- Tandem Mass Spectrometry (TMS)
Based on the product type, the market is segmented into the following:
- Newborn Hearing Screening Instruments
- Newborn Disorder Screening Instruments
- Hearing Screening Accessories
- Hearing Screening Devices
- Pulse Oximeters
- Reagents and Assay Kits
Based on the test type, the market is segmented into the following:
- Dry Blood Spot Test
- Hearing Screen Test
- Critical Congenital Heart Diseases (CCHD) TEST
Based on the distribution channel, the market is segmented into the following:
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Nursing Homes
Market Summary: Newborn Screening Market
Newborn screening not only saves lives but can also improve the health of the children. The World Health Organization has stated that over 270,000 babies globally die of congenital disorders. In 2010, the WHO has taken a step in order to resolve the neonatal deaths by developing strong surveillance systems. It is reported that more than 2.8 million babies die within the first month due to improper care and screening of the babies. In order to prevent these deaths WHO, Healthy Newborn Network, etc., has taken efforts to bring awareness by educating the parents about the neonatal disorders and the process of safeguarding the health of children.
Regional Analysis: Newborn Screening Market
Geographically, global newborn screening market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. North America Newborn Screening Market is growing due to increase in the prevalence of congenital disorders. According to the latest data of CDC about 12,500 newborns each year are diagnosed with one of the core conditions detected through newborn screening, which means almost 1 out of every 300 newborns screened is eventually diagnosed. About 4 million infants are screened annually in the United States. The health departments of the states in U.S. are publishing free data and created websites that help parents to known these conditions. The Newborn Screening Saves Lives Act (P.L. 110-204) Reauthorization Act (P.L 113-240) was signed on December 18, 2014, renewed and upgrade the federal initiatives for newborn screening. Asia Pacific is expected to witnessing a significant growth opportunities over the forecast period. Improving healthcare plans and infrastructure are expected to play a major role in driving demand in Asia-Pacific market.
Competition Assessment: Newborn Screening Market
Some of the players in the global newborn screening market include:
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- GE Healthcare
- PerkinElmer Inc.
- ZenTech S.A.
- Trivitron Healthcare
- MP Biomedicals LLC
- Agilent Technologies
- Natus Medical Incorporated
- FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation,
- ZenTech S.A
- Trivitron Healthcare
- Ab Sciex LLC (subsidiary of Danaher Corporation)
Notable Market Developments: Newborn Screening Market
- In February 2018, Sema4, a health information company providing advanced genomic testing, announced the launch of Sema4 Natalis, a supplemental newborn screening test designed to detect 193 childhood-onset diseases or disorders so parents can gain insight into their baby’s health.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report covers exhaustive regional information, that includes North America (The USA and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, Poland and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia & New Zealand, ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others), South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East and Africa (Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries, Israel, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East and Africa)
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides a plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenari0