Global Onchocerciasis (River Blindness) Treatment Market
By Drug Class Type (Anthelmintic drugs), By Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Online Pharmacies), and Geography – Market Estimation, Dynamics, Regional Share, Trends, Competitor Analysis 2013 to 2017 and Forecast 2018 to 2024
Global onchocerciasis (River Blindness) treatment market was valued at US $ XX Mn and expected to grow at XX% Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) over the 2017 to 2023.
Market Outline: Onchocerciasis (River Blindness) Treatment Market
Onchocerciasis (River Blindness) is a skin and eye disease that is caused by the infection of Onchocerca volvulus. Onchocerciasis is also known as river blindness. The onchocerciasis is transmitted to humans through the bite of blackfly. The worms, once enters into the body, start producing larvae that can travel back towards the skin, infects another black fly that bites the infected human. Onchocerciasis is diagnosed by finding the parasites in skin nodules, skin biopsies, or skin scrapings. Onchocerciasis is the second-leading cause of infection-caused blindness worldwide. The patients are treated in order to avoid the long term skin damage and blindness.
Market Dynamics: Onchocerciasis (River Blindness) Treatment Market
The Onchocerciasis treatment market is influencing the market by increasing R&D investment. The technical and operational support provided by the WHO is expected to boost the growth of the market. However, the limited awareness among the patient population and treatment options available are expected to dampen growth of the market.
Market Scope: Onchocerciasis (River Blindness) Treatment Market
Onchocerciasis (River Blindness) treatment market is segmented based on the drug class and distribution channel
Based on the drug class, the market is segmented into the following:
- Anthelmintic drugs
Based on the distribution channel, the market is segmented into the following:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Regional Analysis: Onchocerciasis (River Blindness) Treatment Market
Geographically, global onchocerciasis (River Blindness) treatment market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. The prevalence of Onchocerciasis (River Blindness) is considered to be more in the regions of Africa. According to WHO, 50% of men over the age of 40 years had been blind by this disease, the river blindness was also found in the Latin America. WHO also stated that in July 2016, Guatemala has became the fourth country in the world after Colombia (2013), Ecuador (2014), and Mexico (2015) to be verified free of onchocerciasis after successfully implementing elimination activities for decades. Transmission of the parasite of onchocerciasis is still ongoing in Brazil and Venezuela.
Competition Assessment: Onchocerciasis (River Blindness) Treatment Market
Some of the players in the global onchocerciasis (River Blindness) treatment market include:
- Merck & Co., Inc. (U.S)
- Mayne Pharma Group (Australia)
- Delta Pharma Ltd., (India)
- Par Pharmaceutical Companies, Inc.(U.S)
- Taj Pharmaceuticals Limited (India)
Key Features of the Report:
- The report covers exhaustive regional information, that includes North America (the USA and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, Poland and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia & New Zealand, ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others), South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentian, Venezula, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East and Africa (Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries, Israel, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East and Africa)
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides a plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of the socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market