Oncology Information System Market
By Type [Services (Consulting Services, Implementation Services, Post Sale and Maintenance) (Software (Treatment Planning, Patient Information)] By Application (Medical Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Radiation Oncology) By End-User (Hospitals, Oncology Clinics, Research Centres, Oncology Institutes) By Geography (Latin America, North America, Asia Pacific, The Middle East and Africa and Europe) – Market Estimation, Dynamics, Regional Share, Trends, Competitor Analysis 2013 to 2016 and Forecast 2017 to 2024
Market Outline: Oncology Information System Market
Oncology information system is used for management of data belongs to oncology patient treatment schedules, plans of treatment, treatment delivery, summary and results of the treatment. Oncology information systems encompassed the information exchange between the department of radiotherapy and overall healthcare enterprise. For medical safety purpose treatment and demographic information of patient data is to be shared among those systems. Oncology information systems are to be connected with other information systems.
Market Dynamics: Oncology Information System Market
Increased prevalence cancer coupled with adoption of advanced healthcare information technologies are expected to create healthy opportunities for market players. Due to benefits provided by oncology information systems over the traditional methods in protection of data and planning of treatment is expected to propel the oncology information systems market growth. Furthermore, rise in prevalence of cancer, growing population pool, and increase in advanced technologies is expected to boost the market growth for oncology information systems market. According WHO statistics, around 8.8 Mn deaths were reported worldwide due to cancer. However, lack of professionals, lack of awareness and high cost associated with the implementation of oncology information systems are major restrains of oncology information systems market.
Market Scope: Oncology Information System Market
The Global Oncology Information System Market is classified on the basis of application, type, material, end user, and geographical regions.
Based on type, Global Oncology Information System Market is segmented as
- Consulting Services
- Implementation Services
- Post Sale and Maintenance
Based on the application, Global Oncology Information System Market is segmented as
- Medical Oncology
- Surgical Oncology
- Radiation Oncology
Based on the End-user, Global Oncology Information System Market is segmented as
- Oncology Clinics
- Research Centres
- Oncology Institutes
Market Summary: Oncology Information System Market
Oncology information system market is highly competitive due to presence of many number of market players in global oncology information market. Companies are focused on various growth strategies such as agreements, collaborations, and new product launches in order to strengthen the market presence and improve their product portfolio.
Regional Analysis: Oncology Information System Market
Global oncology information system market is segmented as Latin America, North America, Asia Pacific, The Middle East and Africa and Europe. North America is largest market in oncology information systems owing to rise in cancer prevalence, high adoption of technological advancements. According to American Cancer Society, it was estimated as 57,740 new cancer cases and 169,120 cancer deaths were reported in U.S. in 2016. Europe holds second largest position in oncology information systems market owing to rise in prevalence of cancer, increase in technological advancements. Asia Pacific is expected to show a significant growth in global oncology information systems market owing to increase in cancer prevalence, large pool of population, growing awareness among people on health concerns, rise in disposable income.
Competition Assessment: Oncology Information System Market
Some of the players in global oncology information system market
- Varian Medical Systems, Inc. (U.S.)
- Elekta AB (Sweden )
- McKesson Corporation (U.S.)
- Accuray Incorporated (U.S.)
- Koninklijke Philips N.V. (Netherlands)
- Cerner Corporation (U.S.)
- Altos Solutions, Inc. (U.S.)
- Epic Systems Corporation (U.S.)
Notable Market Developments: Oncology Information System Market
- In 2016, Manipal Hospitals has introduced IBM Watson for oncology a cognitive computing platform for providing insights and information to physicians.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013 to 2016) and forecast (2017 to 2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market