Global Onychomycosis Market
Global onychomycosis market report gives a broad outlook on onychomycosis market with particular emphasis on main regions across the globe such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East and Africa. The study on global onychomycosis market offers historical, current and future market sizes (US$ Mn) on the basis of type, treatment, distribution channel, and geography. This study analyses the global market dynamics of onychomycosis in a detailed manner to identify current trends & drivers, growth opportunities and potential challenges for the main market stakeholders. In addition, the global market report on onychomycosis covers human demographics, regulatory scenario, and competition analysis with the competition dashboard being vividly demonstrated for assessing market competition.
Global Onychomycosis Market:
Global onychomycosis market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.6% over the 2020-2026 forecast periods reaching a value of US$ 6,067.44% by the end of 2026. Onychomycosis constitutes 20% to 40% of all globe-wide onycho-pathies. An article published on ScienceDirect reported that the prevalence of onychomycosis around the world currently ranges from 2% to 50%, representing approximately 30% of superficial mycotic infections and 50% of all nail disorders. In addition, onychomycosis affects predominantly adults aged between 30 and 60. Lack of awareness about onychomycosis, sudden outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic caused a great deal of chaos leading to an economic crisis. This has contributed to decrease the market growth rates. Moreover, emerging economies like China, India, and others will generate new prospects for the global market for onychomycosis.
Awareness programmes by Non-Profit organizations to fuel sales of onychomycosis treatment products:
Non-profit organizations plan educational events to spread information among people about treating onychomycosis. For example, the British Association of Dermatologists has distributed leaflets among patients which provide full onychomycosis treatment guidance. Similar awareness programmes are expected to increase awareness among patients in both developed and developing economies, driving onychomycosis therapy market growth over the forecast period.
North America has dominant market share in onychomycosis market:
In 2019, North America’s market size stood at US$ 1.65 billion. The region’s growth is attributable to increased onychomycosis cases in the region. Increasing R&D activities will further foster market growth in the region. Europe is forecast to see a high rate of growth in the forecast period due to favorable health reimbursement policies in the European countries. Asia-Pacific is seen as an emerging market because of increasing market penetration in this region. Rest of the World (RoW) occupies fourth place on the global market for onychomycosis treatment due to poor economic and health conditions in most African countries.
Key player’s profiles in the global onychomycosis market include-
- Bausch Healthcare companies
- Galderma S.A.
- Celtic Pharma
- Anacor Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Novartis AG
- Pfizer Inc.
- Bayer AG
- Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd
- In March 2020, Kaken Pharmaceuticals Co., Ltd. announced the launch of Jublia in Hong Kong.
- In February 2019, Moberg Pharma AB signed a license agreement with Bayer AG under which Bayer AG will be responsible for the marketing, selling and distribution of MOB-015 in Europe.
- In July 2018, Eisai Co., Ltd., and Sato Pharmaceuticals Co., Ltd. announced the launch of NAILIN in Japan.
Key findings of report:
- Global onychomycosis market expanding at significant CAGR over 2020 to 2026 owing to growing prevalence of onychomycosis worldwide.
- North America accounted for larger share of market revenue in 2019 based on the region and projected a gain in market revenue over a forecast period.
- Players focusing on innovation of technologies and collaboration strategies to retain market position in global market.
Key features of the report:
- The report provides granular level information about market size, regional market share, historic market (2015-2019) and forecast (2020-2026).
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market.
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market.
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies.
- Rest of Europe
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of APAC
- Rest of South America
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA