Onychomycosis Pipeline Drugs
Onychomycosis Pipeline Drugs Assessment: Clinical Trails Analysis, Player Profiles, Collaborations, Key Targets, Geographic Focus, and Data Publications, 2018
Onychomycosis is a fungal infection of fingernails or toenails, known as tinea unguium. Onychomycosis is common and occurs in about 10% of adult population. Nail changes may include, change in shape, brittleness, discoloration, debris trapped under the nail, detachment and thickening of the nail. Physicians can identify fungal nail infection by performing an examination most oftime. A sample may be taken from the debris beneath the nail and examined microscopically or cultured for possible fungal growth. Oral medications are generally required and sometimes they are combined with nail removal and/or application of nail lacquer. Presently available oral antifungal medications include: terbinafine, itraconazole, and fluconazole taken daily, in pulse or weekly, respectively.
By route of administration, onychomycosis pipeline drugs are segmented into
By Trial Phase, Onychomycosis pipeline drugs are segmented as:
- Preclinical Trials
- Phase 1
- Phase 2
- Phase 3
By company, Onychomycosis pipeline drugs are segmented into
- Polichem S.A. (Switzerland)
- Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co., Inc. (Japan)
- Viamet Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (U.S.)
- Galderma S.A.
- In April 2017, Novan, Inc. announced positive top line results from the Company’s Phase-II clinical trial with SB208, as a broad-spectrum anti fungal gel for the treatment of superficial cutaneous fungal infections of the skin and nails, including tinea pedis and onychomycosis.
- In January 2017, Viamet Pharmaceuticals, Inc. announced positive results from RENOVATE, its Phase 2b clinical trial of VT-1161 in onychomycosis of the large toenail.
Onychomycosis Disease Pipeline Drugs Assessment report studies the various therapeutics under clinical development for Onychomycosis treatment along with targets for various drug candidate. The report provides plethora of information pertaining to trail phases, companies involved in the Onychomycosis disease pipeline drugs development. This report studies the dynamics of the Onychomycosis Disease Pipeline Drugs i.e. drivers, challenges, and opportunities which are significantly impacting the product development. The report provides various information pertaining the clinical trials such as designation, grants, patents, and technology among others. Moreover, the report on Onychomycosis disease pipeline drugs assessment comprehensively presents the geographic location, trial status information along with key players involved in the therapeutics development.
Key Features of the Report:
- Provides the information related to universities and research institutes working in the therapeutics development
- Report comprehensively covers the all active and discontinued studies
- Studies the entire pipeline with special emphasis on companies actively involved in the therapeutics development
- Presents the prominent targets for drug development in each stage of clinical trial
- Provides the in-depth analysis of each drug candidates in the clinical trial phases