Global Ophthalmic Knife Market
The global ophthalmic knife market is expected to be valued at US$ 6,023.4 million in market and growing at a CAGR of 4.9% over the forecast period by 2026. The driving force is provided by diseases such as glaucoma and cataract which requires a minimum invasive surgery and improving healthcare facilities and it consist of variety of design which improve its application hence contributing the growth in global ophthalmic knife market. Resistance of ophthalmic are the high cost of ophthalmic knives and the low focus on ophthalmology, in medicine, as compared to others. Certain innovative procedures for developing certain grade stainless steel and introduction of varies sharp knife manufacturing processes are some of the factors which can be attribute a lot of trending opportunity and the development of global Ophthalmic knife market.
Increasing Number of Ophthalmic Surgeries
It is noticed that the global ophthalmic knife market is influenced mainly by the increase application of disposable ophthalmic surgeries which is the key factor causing the ophthalmic knife market to grow. The surgery performed on the eye or its adnexa, usually by an ophthalmologist, is known as ocular surgery.The eye is a very delicate organ which needs special caution to mitigate or avoid further damage before, during, and after a surgical procedure. It is the responsibility of an expert eye surgeon to choose the appropriate surgical technique for the patient, and to take the requisite safety precautions.
North America Dominates the Market Share in the Global Ophthalmic Knife Market
North America contributed major revenue followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. In 2019, North America region accounted huge growth rate and is anticipated to grow with a forecast year. Technology advancement had opened up the lead for minimum invasive surgery through the global ophthalmic knife market. Increase in geriatric population is the key variable. It is anticipated to increase from 901 million in 2030 to 2.1 billion by 2050. Europe make a profit of 70% by favorable reimbursement strategy and increase in the number of populations who has age related problems. Asia Pacific CAGR is around 6.9% as there is a significant increase in the demand and rise in the market players which include China and India.
Key player’s profiles in the global ophthalmic knife market include:
- Alcon, Inc.
- Hoya Corporation
- Topcon Corporation
- Hai Laboratories, Inc.
- Bausch and Lomb Incorporated
- MANI Inc.
- Seiko Optical Products Co., Ltd.
- Nidek Co., Ltd.
- Ziemer Group
- DGH Technology.
- Market players have witnessed the strategic collaboration and acquisition to expand product portfolio and strengthen their position in the market to enhance the revenue of the company
- In September 2018, Innovia Medical, the specialty surgical products platform acquired the ophthalmic product manufacturer and distributor Eagle Laboratories to expand its business
Global Ophthalmic Knife Market Report Description:
Global ophthalmic knife market report gives comprehensive outlook on ophthalmic knife market across the globe with special emphasis on key regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. The report on global ophthalmic knife market gives historical, current, and future market sizes on the basis of Design type, product type, usage, blade, application, end user, and region. This report studies global ophthalmic knife market dynamics elaborately to identify the current trends & drivers, future opportunities and possible challenges to the key stakeholders operating in the market. In addition, global ophthalmic knife market report includes human demographics; regulatory scenario, and competition analysis with vividly illustrated the competition dashboard to assess the market competition. Moreover, PBI analyzed global ophthalmic knife market to better equip clients with possible investment opportunities across the regions (regional Investment Hot-Spots) and market unmet needs (Product Opportunities). Key stakeholders of the global market report include suppliers, manufacturers, marketers, policy makers, and service providers engaged in global ophthalmic knife market.
Key Findings of the Report:
- Global ophthalmic knife market expanding at significant CAGR over 2020 to 2026 owing due to increase in the population who required ophthalmic surgery
- Based on region, North America accounted for larger market revenue share in 2019 and projected gain market revenue share over the forecast period
- Players focusing on innovation of newer products and collaboration strategies to retain market position in global market
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2015-2019) and forecast (2020-2026)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market
By Design Type
- Slit Knives
- MVR Knives
- Crescent Knives
- Stab Knives
- Stainless Steel
- Age-related Macular Degeneration
By End User
- Ophthalmic Clinics
- Rest of Europe
- Australia & New Zealand
- ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others)
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA