Global Oral Contraceptive Pills Market
By Drug Type (Progestin Only Pills, Combination Pills, Others), By Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Online Pharmacies), and Geography – Market Estimation, Dynamics, Regional Share, Trends, Competitor Analysis 2013 to 2017 and Forecast 2018 to 2024
Global oral contraceptive pills market was valued at US $ XX Mn and expected to grow at XX% Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) over 2018 to 2024.
Market Outline: Oral Contraceptive Pills Market
Oral contraceptive pills or birth control pills are the medications used to prevent the pregnancy. These are hormonal preparations that contain combination of hormones estrogen and progestin or progestin alone. The mechanism of action of oral contraceptive pills is prevent the pregnancy by inhibiting the follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and Luteinizing hormone (LH) which play a major roles in egg development and preparation of lining of uterus for implantation of embryo.
Market Dynamics: Oral Contraceptive Pills Market
Increase in the incidence of unwanted pregnancies is anticipated to drive the global oral contraceptive pills market. Moreover, rise in female population, low cost of oral contraceptive pills, ease of administration, adoption of novel oral contraceptive pills in developed and developing countries, and high effectiveness of the pills are anticipated to propel the global oral contraceptives market. However, stringent regulatory guidelines for the oral contraceptive pills usage, adverse effects associated with the products, religious issues, and poor availability of the products in underdeveloped regions are major restrains of global oral contraceptive pills market over the forecast years.
Market Scope: Oral Contraceptive Pills Market
Oral Contraceptive Pills market is segmented based on the drug type, and distribution channel
Based on the drug type, the market is segmented into the following:
- Progestin Only Pills
- Combination Pills
Based on the distribution channel, the market is segmented into the following:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Regional Analysis: Oral Contraceptive Pills Market
Geographically, global oral contraceptive pills market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa. North America oral contraceptive pills market has a lucrative share attributed to high incidence rate of unwanted pregnancies, government support to opt for modern oral contraceptive pills and rise in disposable income. Europe oral contraceptive pills market is poised to grow due to expansion of business by the market players in EU region, grow in women workforce preferring to postpone the pregnancies, and better availability of the products are expected to bolster the market. Asia Pacific oral contraceptive pills market has a lucrative growth attributed to surge in awareness about the family planning and oral contraceptive pills, rise in disposable income, and increase in people opting for right decisions about their sexual and reproductive health are enhance the revenue of market .
Competition Assessment: Oral Contraceptive Pills Market
Some of the players in the global oral contraceptive pills market include:
- Actavis plc (Allergan plc) (Ireland)
- Bayer AG (Germany)
- Merck & Co. Inc. (U.S.)
- Pfizer, Inc. (U.S.)
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (Israel)
- Church & Dwight Co, Inc. (U.S)
- Mylan N.V. (U.S.)
- Novartis AG (Switzerland)
- Piramal Enterprises Limited (India)
Notable Market Developments: Oral Contraceptive Pills Market
- In April 2018, Mylan N.V. launched Drospirenone and Ethinyl Estradiol tablets in U.S. used as oral contraceptive pills.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report covers exhaustive regional information, that includes North America (The USA and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, Poland and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia & New Zealand, ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others), South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East and Africa (Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries, Israel, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East and Africa)
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides a plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenari0