Preterm Labor Treatment Market Dynamics:
Increase in premature birth cases and rapid increase birthrate are major driving factors of preterm labor treatment market. As per WHO statistics, every year 15Mn babies are born. Increase in technological advancements, increasing demand for preterm therapeutics and diagnostics, increase in support of government, increase in R&D investments by market players are expected to propel the growth of preterm labor treatment market. However, lack of awareness, stringent regulatory framework, high costs associated with the treatment will hamper the growth of preterm labor treatment market.
Preterm Labor Treatment market is segmented on the basis of drugs, dosage form, end user and geographical regions
Based on the drugs, it is segmented into the following
- Tocolytic Drugs
- Beta – Mimetic
- Calcium Channel Blockers
- Magnesium Sulphate
Based on the Dosage form, it is segmented into the following
Based on End user, it is segmented into the following:
- Pediatric and Neonatal Clinics
- Nursing Homes
Preterm Labor Treatment market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa regions. North America is the largest market followed by Europe in Preterm labor treatment market owing to presence of large number of market players, favourable government initiatives and regulatory framework, high incidence of preterm births. For instance, in 2007 a campaign was held in U.S. in the name of ‘Healthy People 2010’ which led to reduction of 12.7% to 7.6% preterm birth rate. Asia Pacific is anticipated to show significant growth in this market owing to increase in awareness and disposable income of developing economies, growing population pool, increased healthcare infrastructure.
Key players’ profiles in the global Preterm Labor Treatment market include:
- Pfizer (U.S.)
- Novartis (Switzerland)
- Merck & Co (U.S.)
- Sanofi (France)
- Johnson & Johnson (U.S.)
- GlaxoSmithKline (UK)
- AstraZeneca (UK)
- Cipla (India)
Notable Market Developments:
- In April 2016, AMAG Pharmaceuticals introduced FDA approved single dose, preservative free Makena to reduce risk of preterm birth.
- In March 2015, GSK started Phase III clinical trials to evaluate the efficacy and safety of retosiban, an investigational oxytocin antagonist.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market 2015 – 2019 and Forecast, 2020 – 2026
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market