Global Saliva Collection Devices Market
Global saliva collection devices market report gives comprehensive outlook on saliva collection devices across the globe with special emphasis on key regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. The report on global saliva collection devices market gives historical, current, and future market sizes (US$ Mn) on the basis of product type, end user, and region. This report studies global saliva collection devices market dynamics elaborately to identify the current trends & drivers, future opportunities and possible challenges to the key stakeholders operating in the market. In addition, global saliva collection devices market report includes human demographics; regulatory scenario, and competition analysis with vividly illustrated the competition dashboard to assess the market competition. Moreover, PBI analyzed global market to better equip clients with possible investment opportunities across the regions (regional Investment Hot-Spots) and market unmet needs (Product Opportunities). Key stakeholders of the global market report include suppliers, manufacturers, marketers, policy makers, and service providers engaged in global saliva collection devices market.
Global Saliva Collection Devices Market:
The global saliva collection devices market is expected to be valued at US$ 301.6 Mn in 2019 and growing at a CAGR of 12.3% over the forecast period to reach US$ 457.3 Mn by 2026 owing to increase in the consumer based DNA testing, workforce drug testing and clinical diagnostics. PBI anticipate there would be significant dip in the 2020 revenues due to the COVID 19 pandemic and 2019 is the golden period for the saliva collection devices market. Due to COVID 19, increase in consumer based DNA testing projected to create lucrative opportunities for the saliva collection device manufacturers. In addition, PBI estimates that there would be significant shift from the prescription based diagnostic tests to home based saliva diagnostic tests over the forecast period. Moreover, adulteration and substitution in urine samples coupled with increasing federal workplace drug testing are the major factors driving the growth of the market over the forecast period. However, adoption of urine specimen and lack of regulatory framework are expected to restrain the growth of the market over the forecast years.
Increasing number of drug users across the world
It is noticed that the number of drug users across the world has been increasing owing to addiction towards the drugs among the young population. Illicit drugs such as cannabis, cocaine, heroin, and opiates have observed to be the most misused drugs by the young population, which is the major factor driving the drug abuse testing market globally. For instance, According to UNODC 2017, approximately 271 Mn people had used drugs per year. However, the number of drugs is gradually increasing due to rapid growth in population and unemployment are contributing for the drug abuse testing growth around the world. Cannabis is the highly used illicit drug with an estimated of approximately 188 Mn people per year around the world. In 2016, approximately 13.8 Mn or 5.6 percent of young people aged 15-16 had used cannabis at least once in the year across the globe. In Oceania, the past-year prevalence rate for that age group was 11.4 per cent; in the Americas, 11.6 per cent; in Africa, 6.6 per cent; in Europe, 13.9 per cent; and in Asia, 2.7 per cent.
North America dominates the market share in the global saliva collection devices market
In 2019, North America contributed highest revenue share followed by North America, and Asia Pacific in the global saliva collection devices market. North America region accounted US$ 248.3 Mn in 2019 and is anticipated to grow with a significant CAGR over the forecast years owing to increasing usage of saliva collection devices mostly in developed nations such as USA, Canada, Australia, and European Nations. However, it was an evident that the usage of the saliva collection devices are gaining interest in developing nations. For instance, OraSure Technologies launched saliva-based HIV tests in Africa nations as consumer-based product than the prescription-based tests. In addition, COVID 19 cases has been increasing in the developing/emerging nations like India, Brazil, Africa nations that could be seen as a potential opportunity for the saliva collection device manufacturers. In majority of these nations, government bodies are involved in procuring the test kits/collection devices. The most challenging task to promote the saliva-based testing is the laboratories should validate the established protocols on their equipment to test the saliva samples.
Key player’s profiles in the global saliva collection devices market include:
- OraSure Technologies, Inc.
- Oasis Diagnostics® Corporation
- Salimetrics, LLC.
- Oranoxis Inc.
- DiaMetra srl
- SARSTEDT AG & Co. KG
- Greiner Bio-One International GmbH
- Porex Corporation
- Alere Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Market players have witnessed the strategic collaboration and acquisition to expand product portfolio and strengthen their position in the market to enhance the revenue of the company.
- For instance, in May 2020, OraSure Technologies, Inc. announced that it is acquiring a Boston company, UrSure, Inc. which develops lab tests that measure adherence to HIV medication.
- In January 2019, OraSure acquired two privately-held, early-stage companies, CoreBiome and Novosanis, in order to add differentiated products and services to the molecular collection systems segment of our business.
Key Findings of the Report:
- Global saliva collection devices market expanding at significant CAGR over 2020 to 2026 owing to increasing consumption of alcohol and illicit drugs in the developed nations.
- Based on region, North America accounted for larger market revenue share in 2019 and projected gain market revenue share over the forecast period
- Players focusing on innovation of novel testing kits and collaboration strategies to retain market position in global market
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2015-2019) and forecast (2020-2026)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market
By Product Type
- Saliva Fluids
- Oral Swab
- Criminal & Forensics
- Diagnostic & Pathology Laboratory
- Rest of Europe
- Australia & New Zealand
- ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others)
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East and Africa
- Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA