Seed Coating Material Market
Seed coating is a process of coating seeds with various materials such as plant growth regulators, repulsive agents like chemicals and fertilizers. Seed coating enables enhance yield of crop, increase shelf life, high rates of seeding.
Increase in demand for coated seeds, innovations in agricultural practice, and rise in awareness among farmers regarding benefits of seed coating are expected to boost the demand for seed coating material market. Furthermore, growing population pool, increase in consumption food grains, and inclination towards sustainable agriculture practices, initiatives and subsidies by governments will fuel the market growth of seed coating material market. However, stringent regulatory framework, difficulty in getting uniform coating on seed, incompatibilities between dye and the active ingredients are expected to dampen the market.
The seed coating material market is classified on the basis of product type, crop type, application and regions.
Based on type, market is segmented as
- Minerals or Pumice
Based on crop type, market is segmented as
- Grains and Cereals
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Turf and Ornamental Plants
- Oilseeds and Pulses
Based on Region, Market is segmented as
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- North America
- The Middle East and Africa
Seed coating material market is expected to show a significant growth rate due to swift in the growth of agricultural sector. Market growth is especially observed in developing regions and emerging countries due to these countries are dependent on agriculture sector. Major market players in seed coating material market are focused on the geographical expansions to the developing countries especially India, China, Japan, Brazil. Market players are concentrating on the acquisitions, mergers, partnerships and new product developments in order to strengthen the market presence.
This market is segmented as Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, North America, and The Middle East and Africa. U.S. holds the largest share in North America seed coating material market. Extra subsidies by the government, inclination towards cutting-edge agricultural technologies are expected to drive the seed coating material market in North America. Asia Pacific is anticipated to have a rapid growth in seed coating material market during the forecast period owing to high dependence on the agriculture revenue, rising demand for coated seeds, presence of large number of unmet needs and untapped opportunities.
Some of the players in seed coating material market are
- DuPont (U.S.)
- Adjuvant plus Inc. (Canada)
- Monsanto Company (U.S.)
- Momentive Performance Materials (U.S.)
- Syngenta AG (Switzerland)
- Akzonoble N.V. (Netherlands)
- Bayer CropScience AG (Germany)
- Brandt Consolidated (U.S.)
- Solvay SA (Belgium)
- The Dow Chemical Company (U.S.)
- Croda Chemicals (India)
- In 2017, The BioAg Alliance, Monsonto Company and Novozymes launched Acceleron B-300 SAT, a yield boosting microbial seed coating.
- In January 2012, Landec sold its seed coating business to Incotec and entered into a partnership with Incotec to gain global access for Landec agricultural seed coating technology.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2015 – 2019) and Forecast (2020 – 2026)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market