Sickle Cell DiseasePipeline Drugs Assessment: Clinical Trails Analysis, Player Profiles, Collaborations, Key Targets, Geographic Focus, and Data Publications, 2018
Sickle Cell DiseasePipeline Drugs Assessment
Sickle-cell diseases (SCD) are types of blood disorders which are usually inherited genetically. One of the common types of SCDs is the sickle-cell anemia or SCA. It essentially gives rise to an irregularity in hemoglobin, the protein that carries oxygen in the blood. Hemoglobin is found typically in the red blood cells of the body. As a result, a sickle-like shaped cell is formed under certain conditions. Tribulations in sickle cell disease usually start to take shape at a very early age (within the first year of birth). This might lead to various health problems including pain attacks also known as the sickle-cell crisis, swelling in the limbs, microbial infections, and in certain cases, stroke. SCD is diagnosed by blood tests and Hb electrophoresis. Hydroxyurea is the only FDA approved drug for treatment of Sickle-cell diseases.
By Trial Phase, Sickle Cell Diseasepipeline drugs are segmented as:
- Preclinical Trials
- Phase 1
- Phase 2
- Phase 3
- Phase 4
By Company, Sickle Cell Diseasepipeline drugs are segmented as:
- Eli Lilly and Company
- NKT Therapeutics
- bluebird bio
- BioMarin Pharmaceutical
- Imara, Inc.
- Mast Therapeutics, Inc.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals
By Drugs, Sickle Cell Disease pipeline drugs are segmented as:
- Docosahexaenoic Acid
By Type of Disease, Sickle Cell Disease pipeline drugs are segmented as:
- Sickle cell anemia
- Sickle cell hemoglobin C disease
- Sickle cell thalassemia disease
By Route of Administration, Sickle Cell Diseasepipeline drugs are segmented as:
- In December 2017, Novartis Pharmaceuticals released results of post hoc subgroup analysis of the Phase II SUSTAIN study of crizanlizumaban investigational humanized anti-P-selectin monoclonal antibody determined that crizanlizumab delayed the time to first sickle cell pain crisis in patients vs. placebo in key subgroups of adult patients with sickle cell disease
- In February 2017, bluebird bio Announces First Patient Treated with LentiGlobinTM Drug Product under Amended Study Protocol in HGB-206 Phase 1 Study of Patients with Severe Sickle Cell Disease.
Sickle Cell DiseaseDisease Pipeline Drugs Assessment report studies the various therapeutics under clinical development for Sickle Cell Disease treatment along with targets for various drug candidate. The report provides plethora of information pertaining to trail phases, companies involved in the Sickle Cell Diseasedisease pipeline drugs development. This report studies the dynamics of the Sickle Cell DiseaseDisease Pipeline Drugs i.e. drivers, challenges and opportunities which are significantly impacting the product development. The report provides various information pertaining the clinical trials such as designation, grants, patents, and technology among others. Moreover, the report on Sickle Cell Diseasedisease pipeline drugs assessment comprehensively presents the geographic location, trial status information along with key players involved in the therapeutics development.
Key Features of the Report:
- Provides the information related to universities and research institutes working in the therapeutics development
- Report comprehensively covers the all active and discontinued studies
- Studies the entire pipeline with special emphasis on companies actively involved in the therapeutics development
- Presents the prominent targets for drug development in each stage of clinical trial
- Provides the in-depth analysis on the each drug candidates in the clinical trial phases