Skin Replacement Market
Global Skin Replacement Market:
The global skin replacement market was valued at US$ 775.3 Mn in 2017 and poised to grow at highest CAGR over 2018-2024 due to surge in incidence of skin burns and wounds around the globe. Moreover, growing disposable income, increased life expectancy, and favorable demographics are the major factors that are driving the growth of the skin replacement market.
Growing Incidence of Skin Burns and Wounds
Increase in the incidence of skin burns and wounds in developed and developing countries and favorable reimbursement policies for the treatment of skin burns and wounds are the major factors boosting the revenue growth of the global skin replacement market. Apart from aforementioned dynamics, increase in healthcare expenditure, low level of pain, and availability of skilled professionals in developed and developing countries to perform skin replacement procedure is expected to propel the global skin replacement market over the forecast years.
North America Dominating the Global Skin Replacement Market with Larger Share
North America accounted for larger revenue share in global skin replacement market with significant CAGR. Increase in preference for skin replacement for skin burns and favorable reimbursement policies are expected to boost the market in the region. Europe market projected to grow at significant rate owing to increase in research and development activities to develop the new products for skin burns and wounds treatment are expected to enhance the market over the forecast period.
Key player’s profiles in the global skin replacement market include:
- Integra LifeSciences
- Anika Therapeutics, Inc.
- Vericel Corporation
- Organogenesis Inc.
- MedSkin Solutions Dr. Suwelack
- Stratatech Corporation – a Mallinckrodt Company
- Upside Biotechnologies
The market for skin replacement products characterized by growing launch of new products into the market by market players. For instance, In January 2016, Integra LifeSciences announced that the USFDA has approved the PMA supplement for Integra Dermal Regeneration Template (IDRT) for the treatment of Diabetic Foot Ulcers. Moreover, In July 2015, Organogenesis Inc. announced the launch of its new Puraply wound management products, this includes the launch of Puraply Antimicrobial (Puraply AM), the first U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-cleared purified collagen matrix polyhexamethylene biguanide hydrochloride (PHMB) antimicrobial agent.
Key Findings of the Report:
- Global Skin Replacement market expanding at significant CAGR over 2018 to 2024 owing to increase in the preference for skin replacement among skin burn patients
- Based on graft type allografts skin replacement accounted for larger market revenue share in 2017 and projected gain market revenue share over the forecast period
- Players focusing on innovation to develop newer products and collaboration strategies to retain market position in global skin replacement market
Global Skin Replacement Market Report Description:
Global skin replacement market report gives comprehensive outlook on skin replacement across the globe with special emphasis on key regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. The report on global skin replacement market gives historical, current, and future market sizes (US$ Mn) on the basis of product type, ingredient type, distribution channel, and region. This report studies global skin replacement market dynamics elaborately to identify the current trends & drivers, future opportunities and possible challenges to the key stakeholders operating in the market. In addition, global skin replacement market report includes product landscape, technology overview of skin replacement products available in the market along with competition analysis with vividly illustrated the competition dashboard to assess the market competition. Moreover, PBI analyzed global skin replacement market to better equip clients with possible investment opportunities across the regions (regional Investment Hot-Spots) and market unmet needs (Product Opportunities). Key stakeholders of the global skin replacement market report include suppliers, manufacturers, marketers, policy makers, and healthcare service providers engaged in global skin replacement products sale, usage or advocacy.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market
By Graft Type
- Synthetic Skin
By Indication Type
By End User
- Dermal and Wound Care Clinics
1. North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
4. Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
5. Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA