Southern Blotting Market
Southern blotting is a technique in molecular biology which is used to identify specific sequence of DNA in given samples. Southern Blotting Market technique was invented by Edward Southern. This techniques combines subsequent fragment detection by probe hybridization and transfer of electrophoresis separated DNA fragments to a filler membrane. Southern blotting technique is used in various areas like diagnostic studies, forensic and gene mapping.
Rise in demand for use of southern blotting technique, growing advancements in drug discovery and development are the major factors expected to drive the southern blotting technique globally. Furthermore, increase developments in genetics field coupled with increase in prevalence of various chronic diseases expected to propel the growth of southern blotting market. On the non-availability of the test in many developing countries, high cost associated with technique, unfavourable government support are restraining the growth of the market.
The Southern Blotting Market is classified on the basis of product type, application, end user and regions.
Based on product type, market is segmented as
Based on application, market is segmented as
- Sex Determination
- Genetic Fingerprinting
Based on End User, Market is segmented as
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Biotechnology Companies
- Forensic Labs
Based on Region, Market is segmented as
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- The Middle East and Africa
The significant increase in prevalence of rare diseases, increased adoption of southern blotting technique is expected to create demand for southern blotting. According to National Organization of Rare Diseases, it is estimated that there are 7000 rare genetic diseases prevalent globally and 11% of total U.S. population is suffering with rare disorders. Major players focused on various growth strategies like high investments on research and development activities, adoption of advanced technologies, mergers and acquisitions.
Geographically Southern Blotting Market is segmented as Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, North America, and The Middle East and Africa. North America is expected to dominate the market for southern blotting owing to increase in prevalence of HIV-1, rise in production of genetically modified crops, huge government funding. Europe holds the second position in southern blotting market owing to high adoption of technological advancements, high R&D expenditure. Asia Pacific is expected to show a significant growth rate owing to the high incidence of HIV infections, geographical expansions by major biotech and pharma companies in APAC region, increase in healthcare expenditure, rise in awareness and disposable income.
Major Key Players:
- Applied Biosystems (U.S.)
- Cleaver Scientific Ltd. (UK)
- Agilent Technologies (U.S.)
- PerkinElmer Inc. (U.S.)
- Bio-Rad Laboratories (U.S.)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (U.S.)
- Pall Life Science Laboratories (U.S.)
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2015-2019) and forecast (2020-2026)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market